Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 10:10 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,438,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unintentionallyfunny View Post
SMU with the Fox news level over sensationalized hysteria.

Had these incidents happened near Alamo Heights or Oak Farms, he wouldn't have even dare make a thread.
But they didn't did they? Again I'm having a hard time remembering a time outside of the mid 90's when there was such a violent week in just one area of town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 10:15 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,401,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
Don't forget the double slaying less than a week ago on Chase Hill by UTSA.
Arrest made in home invasion double slaying - San Antonio Express-News
I would say that seven people dead in a particular quadrant of town is indicative of something else going on.
A "particular quadrant of town"? Because nothing happens in the other three? LMAO!

Old 07-03-2014, 10:20 PM

424 posts, read 609,696 times
Quote:
But they didn't did they? Again I'm having a hard time remembering a time outside of the mid 90's when there was such a violent week in just one area of town.
I'm sure you are. With those years in Dallas, how could you not know what was happening in San Antonio.

Do you say these hyperbolic things just for the sake of being hyperbolic?

Old 07-03-2014, 10:47 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,438,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unintentionallyfunny View Post
I'm sure you are. With those years in Dallas, how could you not know what was happening in San Antonio.

Do you say these hyperbolic things just for the sake of being hyperbolic?
I'm sorry that you see reason and logic as hyperbolic. If you can remember a time off the top of your head between say 1996 and now with that much violence, even citywide please tell me.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:51 PM

424 posts, read 609,696 times
Quote:
I'm sorry that you see reason and logic as hyperbolic. If you can remember a time off the top of your head between say 1996 and now with that much violence, even citywide please tell me.
With that much violence? Yeah, pure logic and reasoning right there.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:50 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,165,565 times
Very tragic indeed.

Old 07-04-2014, 01:24 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,448,856 times
This is all very tragic for sure, but appears to be "family on family" type of violence, NOT random acts where innocent were preyed upon.

A dear friend (SAPD retired) once told me long ago "90% of the crime we deal with (when talking about assault/murder) had "history" between the victim/purp".....I feel that is still the case. Related, relationship, drug deals gone wrong....there is SOME connection between most of the violent criminal and the victim in most of the crimes committed if you check the facts vs "random acts of violence".

Old 07-04-2014, 06:33 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,722,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
]

So, two separate instances, certainly not even close to being in "one area"; both apparently not random crimes but seems like both are family disputes resulting in murder & suicide. Unfortunate, tragic, yes, but not indicative of a criminal problem in the NW part of town (any more than there already is), or at least, what I define as NW which is the 151/1604/Bandera/Babcock/Helotes area.

The Papa John driver thing is just nuts. I'll give you that much. Terrible and I hope they catch that guy.

This was going to be my point. Crimes like this just dont concern me too much and dont really make me feel unsafe. Heck even the Papa John's driver thing doesnt really concern me. Unfortunately bad things happen when you leave your car running.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:45 PM

5,575 posts, read 6,500,449 times
Yep, mostly domestic. And the Chase Hill invasion, most likely drug related or IOU related, IMO. I am not concerned for our safety on "this side of town". However, I do want to inform others that, as a former Detroiter and Secretary with the MDOC (Michigan Department of Corrections), quite a few parolees or probationers find work as roofers, lawn care workers, or other "trade" work (here today, gone tomorrow). So be careful who you hire and/or let into your home.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:16 PM

84 posts, read 133,882 times
#6 off Talley by Culebra, up the road from me.

Standoff in West Bexar County ends with no arrests - San Antonio Express-News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio