Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 01:08 PM

671 posts, read 690,577 times

Advertisements

Look, Prim8, I was speaking in reference to this thread on real estate. If you want to go off-topic and refer to an entirely different "hotbed" issue, I won't bite. (Hmmm...are you stalking?)

Let's agree to disagree. You have your experience, I have mine. I just hope I gave Snow some different information that might help him.

Hope you have a great day!!!

Dandiday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 01:50 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
I don't understand why some people are so rude to those that choose not to use a realtor and talk about the experience in a positive way.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:44 PM

42 posts, read 51,917 times
Maybe its in the way they say it...

Old 08-20-2014, 03:12 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,437,939 times
I was referring to the way you responded to my opinion that most people are better off having a REA. You were pretty sarcastic and snide, in my opinion.
As for my stalking issue, I just happened to remember your whining about the way people treated others on this forum and I thought your attitude in this was pretty hypocritical. I suppose it's ok if you're rude, just not anyone else.

I never discounted your experience, I just tried to point out, that it's far from the norm you're trying to make it out to be.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:41 PM

671 posts, read 690,577 times
Default Well?

Prim8, are you going to ever give this a rest? or do we need to take this further up the chain? if so, feel free to DM me. Sounds like you have a beef over anything and everything I said, and are having difficulty getting over it.
I was helpful and Snow appreciated my posts, as did others. You seem to have an agenda with everything I said. Well, sorry...can't please everybody.
Can we agree to disagree? Finally? Plllleeeassseee? If not, DM me. This is no longer appropriate.

Dandiday

Old 08-20-2014, 04:17 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
Look, Prim8, I was speaking in reference to this thread on real estate. If you want to go off-topic and refer to an entirely different "hotbed" issue, I won't bite. (Hmmm...are you stalking?)

Let's agree to disagree. You have your experience, I have mine. I just hope I gave Snow some different information that might help him.

Hope you have a great day!!!

Dandiday
I happen to agree that there are people who can very well handle their own RE transaction. They really don't need a licensee. I would however also observe that many such people simply get licensed. If you know enough to handle yourself you can get licensed easily and it opens the market wider to you.

Large savings are mostly mythical. They do occur but they are available only because someone screwed up. Merely getting a property well off list is not a winner per so. Just an indication that some people don't know how to price a property. I may very well initially overprice a property. But that is not really an available savings...it actually says that I think there may be a couple of buyers out there dying for this property and I propose to take advantage if I can. In such a circumstance a more rational price will appear in two weeks or so. Other times the market or product are not suited for such a game...so you price right on and hold tight. In a recent case we were selling a home that had been gorgeous in 1972 and had nothing done to it since. Priced it 3% below market and sold it for 15% over...bidding wars are marvelous things if you can get one going.

Lawyers are a mixed bag. We have some excellent lawyers here including our in house guy. But they don't really have enough experience in line RE to contribute to a transaction. You use them when things get busted...not in the normal course of events. And because of that they have very limited experience with the nuts and bolts of a normal transaction...kind of like an agent with 3 or 4 sales under their belt.

Doing your own transaction is also more complex than is indicated. You don't save the seller any money by eliminating the buyers agent in the standard case. And the use of variable commissions may well modify the savings available for eliminating the buyer agent. It is not unusual for the listing agent to get 6% for a buyer agent deal but ony 4.5% for a dual agent deal.

Virtually all FSBOs I have dealt with will provide a buyers agent commission. And if not you invite the buyer to pay you directly. Many will.

Old 08-21-2014, 06:40 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,437,939 times
Quote:
Prim8, are you going to ever give this a rest? or do we need to take this further up the chain? if so, feel free to DM me. Sounds like you have a beef over anything and everything I said, and are having difficulty getting over it.
I could say the same thing about you...
Most people would do better with a good REA than without.
Quote:
I was helpful and Snow appreciated my posts, as did others. You seem to have an agenda with everything I said. Well, sorry...can't please everybody.
Can we agree to disagree? Finally? Plllleeeassseee? If not, DM me. This is no longer appropriate.

Dandiday
What if you got a bad real estate attorney, would the person still be better off?
My advice remains the same for most people, find a good REA. You'll probably be much happier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Lawyers are a mixed bag. We have some excellent lawyers here including our in house guy. But they don't really have enough experience in line RE to contribute to a transaction. You use them when things get busted...not in the normal course of events. And because of that they have very limited experience with the nuts and bolts of a normal transaction...kind of like an agent with 3 or 4 sales under their belt.
Most of what Ivoc is saying I would agree with, and some of it was the point I was trying to make.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:04 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim8 View Post

What if you got a bad real estate attorney, would the person still be better off?
My advice remains the same for most people, find a good REA. You'll probably be much happier.
That is why you research the RE attorney before picking one. Just like the RE agents, you also want to make sure you find a good RE attorney. I do have to say again that no matter how good they are, you should not rely on them for apprasials or inspections.

If you don't want to deal with all of that, then just play it safe, don't take a risk and hire a RE agent that best fits your needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio