Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 07:12 PM

4 posts, read 5,244 times

Advertisements

Aloha my boyfriend and I are moving to san antonio in April I'm orginally from hawaii he is from California but grew up in Hawaii also. We are 25 wondering what are good areas to live also dog friendly since we will be bring our dog. A great community with low crime rate and also near colleges since we will be going back to school. Cost of living also which areas will be best fo us Mahalo for looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 07:39 PM

74 posts, read 174,483 times
Why the hell would anyone move FROM Hawaii?

Old 08-21-2014, 08:15 PM

Lol try living in Hawaii it's expensive. I grew up here there's only so much you can do it'll always be here no trying to stay on the island anymore.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:51 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,959,434 times
The downtown area around The Pearl and Southtown are very dog friendly and of course central to all the colleges around town. New apartments can be expensive, but there are many smaller older complexes that are good deals. There is an L&L also in town.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:21 PM

Haha thanks I've heard stone oak is a good area or north central? L&L in the mainland areas are diffrent to the ones in Hawaii the mac salads are made diffrent lol a lot of local food for us taste better in Hawaii. I looked around pearl seems a little out of our price range? We are trying to go at least 900 max ish

Old 08-21-2014, 09:44 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,959,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drea.t View Post
Haha thanks I've heard stone oak is a good area or north central? L&L in the mainland areas are diffrent to the ones in Hawaii the mac salads are made diffrent lol a lot of local food for us taste better in Hawaii. I looked around pearl seems a little out of our price range? We are trying to go at least 900 max ish
Stone Oak is fine, it's a master planned community with a lot of families and traffic. You will be driving everywhere you go, even to the park to walk your dog. $900 is around the starting point for apartments in Stone Oak. I would look at Alta Vista, Monte Vista, Olmos Park, Tobin Hill, Mahncke Park, Government Hill, and Lavaca. All those neighborhood's have apartments within your price range and you will be close to The Pearl, downtown, and Southtown. A lot of smaller apartments complexes are not advertised and are word of mouth, so I would contact an apartment locater.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:17 PM

Are they good areas to live in? Trying to avoid slum areas as much as possible lol I appreciate all the informations!

Old 08-21-2014, 10:37 PM

424 posts, read 607,933 times
Quote:
Are they good areas to live in? Trying to avoid slum areas as much as possible lol I appreciate all the informations!
None of those neighborhoods are slums.

They range from transitional/gentrificatied to hipsterlands to billionaireville.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:03 AM

9,843 posts, read 13,619,822 times
For $900 and dog friendly I would recommend the Blanco/Wurzbach Parkway area. You would be right near Hardberger and their fabulous dog park. You have not said what type of dog though. Is it big? Within breed restrictions for apartments? Many apartments do have breed restrictions but I do know of several that do not. This area is zip code 78216.

Also consider Monte Vista and Alta Vista if you need to be very close to schools. SAC is down the street and Trinity and UIW are also close. UTSA would be the closest to the Blanco and Wurzbach Parkway area. You will be able to find affordable and safe living arrangements in those areas. Also do consider reading over the relocation thread.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:13 AM

6,691 posts, read 8,729,775 times
Quote:
Define what a "slum" is to you (not the proper definition) and we could answer that question better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio