Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2006, 08:10 PM

5 posts, read 14,241 times

Advertisements

Anyone else have roach problems? It seems like everyone where I live has roaches in their house! It's really annoying, especially the flying roaches lol! I don't know if it's the weather or what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2006, 08:31 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,242,189 times
Roaches ar everywhere, in everyone's home in Texas, in California, in Omaha, in Florida.

You're not going to find a house anywhere in any part of the country that doesn't have roaches living in the walls.

Old 10-31-2006, 01:32 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Yuck! Back in Palm Desert, CA we had those very large flying roaches. Nasty!!! I'm a firm believer in pest control and if I see something in my house that I didn't invite in, I'm on the phone post haste to the pest control company to get them out here to do away with the trespassers!

Old 11-01-2006, 08:12 AM

470 posts, read 1,952,494 times
In Puerto Rico, we have what I call "B-52's". These are some of the biggest roaches around, and they fly too! As a kid, I used to shoot 'em down with rubber bands.

Old 11-07-2006, 09:21 AM

116 posts, read 472,540 times
Don't have *any* where I live near Sea World. Expect even less problems soon, as we're having a house built with those little hoses and nozzles in the walls... bug guy comes by every six months or so, hooks up a hose to the outside of the house, and sprays bug killer *into* the walls. You don't even have to be home.

Anyone have that setup? Comments?

Old 11-07-2006, 05:51 PM

6 posts, read 40,845 times
I have lived in the Dallas area for 5 years now and have never seen a roach large or small.
However, I grew up in San Antonio and it is true no matter how clean your house is there will be roaches. I have been traumatized many times by those big ones. We call them skateboards!

Old 11-07-2006, 07:05 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,242,189 times
Just because you have yet to see them doesn't mean they're not in your walls. All homes have roaches.

Old 11-08-2006, 02:15 AM

328 posts, read 239,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Roaches ar everywhere, in everyone's home in Texas, in California, in Omaha, in Florida.

You're not going to find a house anywhere in any part of the country that doesn't have roaches living in the walls.
Hi 210...just wanted to let you know that there might be at least one state where it is just way too cold for roaches to survive - Minnesota - I had never seen a roach in my entire life until I lived in San Antonio. I didn't see more than a handful, but I had NO IDEA that they were soooooo fast...and they JUMP....and they LEAP at you...that's what I was totally unprepared for. I used my umbrella as a shield.

Old 11-08-2006, 10:58 AM

116 posts, read 472,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Just because you have yet to see them doesn't mean they're not in your walls. All homes have roaches.
Um, if you say so. We built the house in '98 and have never seen one. Only bugs we've had were two scorpions (one crawled across my foot when I was websurfing at 0200, talk about jumping!) and the occasional gecko that finds his way inside. I leave those alone, if you *do* have any bugs they'll eat em!

Oh, and fire ants once tried to come in thru the patio door... needless to say, I put a screeching halt to that!!

Wife being a clean lady, and neighbor being a bug sprayer who's invited over every six months or so helps!

Old 11-09-2006, 01:38 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,207,318 times
I agree with Red Oregon.
I lived in SA until I was 8 years old. Only had roaches when a dirty family moved in next door but we got rid of them (and the roaches, LOL).

I have lived at Medina Lake since moving from SA and never have had roaches growing up at my parents house or at my own home now.

I know a lot of people south have problems with them because of the moisture but I've been lucky. I would move to another state if I had roaches.... YUCK!! I would rather have snakes in my house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: