Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 09:53 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,408,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Does that make a difference? I'm sure if there was greater demand it'd be a bigger flight, but there's still a flight.... I take it all the time. I wish they still had a non-stop to ONT flight, but hardly anyone does anymore.

Difference-equipment and crew talent and experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 10:03 AM

6,705 posts, read 8,772,433 times
The biggest complaint I see about express jets is that there is very little (if any difference) between first and economy. Frequent fliers who fly in first class or business class often don't like this and want to be pampered a bit more than what express jets can offer.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:12 AM

42 posts, read 51,901 times
And less seating room as well as restricted carry on space.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:23 AM

59 posts, read 96,262 times
Quote:
Does that make a difference? I'm sure if there was greater demand it'd be a bigger flight, but there's still a flight.... I take it all the time. I wish they still had a non-stop to ONT flight, but hardly anyone does anymore.
Express means the smaller regional jet and are more likely to be cancelled than mainline I've found. The industry in general for the legacy carriers is moving to a non-hub ---(Express)---> hub ---(mainline)---> hub ---(Express)---> non-hub model. Results in less non-stop, more regional flights for non-hubs like San Antonio.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:47 PM

1,647 posts, read 2,062,281 times
Quote:

Yes, huge difference.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:13 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,553,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknight22 View Post
Express means the smaller regional jet and are more likely to be cancelled than mainline I've found. The industry in general for the legacy carriers is moving to a non-hub ---(Express)---> hub ---(mainline)---> hub ---(Express)---> non-hub model. Results in less non-stop, more regional flights for non-hubs like San Antonio.

Ok, that is true.

I'm not that bothered by the "comforts" issue - it's a short flight from here to LAX and if I can get there without stopping all the better. But the flight cancellations, that does suck. I've found United out of SA to have a major problem with that overall.

Old 09-19-2014, 07:20 AM

172 posts, read 238,472 times
Quote:
A few years ago there was an airline called Express Jet that had a non-Stop to ONT. It was great, really affordable and got to fly into ONT which is such an easy airport to get in and out of. Sadly they were bought out about 5 years ago and those flights went away.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:48 AM

4,307 posts, read 9,553,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMorris82 View Post
A few years ago there was an airline called Express Jet that had a non-Stop to ONT. It was great, really affordable and got to fly into ONT which is such an easy airport to get in and out of. Sadly they were bought out about 5 years ago and those flights went away.

yeah, I used to take that from time to time. ONT is under ownership of LAX and they moved a lot of the non-stop flights out, and now ONT is dying a slow and painful death, just as the area around it is booming like mad.

Old 09-22-2014, 12:06 AM

431 posts, read 929,070 times
Awhile back Us Airways Express announced they would be starting SAT-LAX as well. Service starts next month, that will make 4 airlines on this route once Delta starts up next year. So prices should be dirt cheap, till at least 1 of the 4 decides to give up.

Old 09-23-2014, 02:11 AM

592 posts, read 2,024,359 times
AA (US) will have a SAT-LAX nonstop in OCT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio