Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 01:13 PM

1,241 posts, read 4,334,149 times

Advertisements

I agree that the Triple Delight is the town favorite. Even the Pasta Delight from Mencius!!!

Tonight I made reservations for Boudro's on the Riverwalk. Great food!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2006, 02:34 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,153,927 times
One terrific restaurant that I try to eat at when I'm back in town is Liberty Bar off 281 south just past Trinity University at the Josephine exit. It's the old white two story building that looks as if it's going to topple over!
It has terrific food with most everything made on the premises including the decadent Virginia Green's chocolate cake. You can also have a drink at the old bar and the building itself was originally a German grocery store built in 1890 so the atmosphere is unique. It's definitely worth the drive..check out the website and the entree menu which changes daily.

http://www.liberty-bar.com/index_frameset.html (broken link)

Old 12-01-2006, 08:15 PM

170 posts, read 761,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
One terrific restaurant that I try to eat at when I'm back in town is Liberty Bar off 281 south just past Trinity University at the Josephine exit. It's the old white two story building that looks as if it's going to topple over!
It has terrific food with most everything made on the premises including the decadent Virginia Green's chocolate cake. You can also have a drink at the old bar and the building itself was originally a German grocery store built in 1890 so the atmosphere is unique. It's definitely worth the drive..check out the website and the entree menu which changes daily.

http://www.liberty-bar.com/index_frameset.html (broken link)
940, Liberty Bar is my favorite! The food is fabulous. It has a great atmostphere and is very quaint and unique...a one-of-a-kind. If anyone is thinking about trying it, I would recommend the appetizer that has Goat Cheese (can't recall the full name) and also recommend the Eggplant appetizer...the descriptions may sound a bit out of the ordinary but they are great! Kudos to Liberty Bar!!

Old 12-01-2006, 08:20 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero View Post
I've had some trouble finding really good Chinese in San Antonio.
I've tried some of the recommended places, but for what ever reason just haven't found "that" place yet.
Maybe we'll hit up Taipei, haven't tried that yet.
Any other suggestions?
Have you tried Ming Garden at Blanco and 1604? We really enjoyed our meal there, and the service was very attentive. Their spring rolls are the best I've had in San Antonio.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:19 AM

80 posts, read 401,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Have you tried Ming Garden at Blanco and 1604? We really enjoyed our meal there, and the service was very attentive. Their spring rolls are the best I've had in San Antonio.

Haven't tried that yet.
I've heard good things about it though.
May have to give it a go this weekend.
Are they the fried rolls or the rice paper ones?

Old 12-20-2006, 04:34 PM

80 posts, read 401,045 times
Still on the hunt for good chinese.
Has anyone ever tried out Grand Fortuna on Fredericksburg Rd.?
I always pass it, but from the outside makes me have doubts.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:14 AM

5 posts, read 29,934 times
My favorite Chinese food restaurant is a little place called Peng's China Town on Ingram. I've been to tons of other Chinese food places but I won't go to any others anymore. I've been going to Peng's China Town for over 10 years now...once we even went twice in a day. I guess it depends what your favorite dish is...but for Pepper steak and Lemon chicken this is the place to go It's also not very expensive at all (most meals under $6.00) and the people are nice and friendly unlike most other Chinese restaurants I've been to.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:22 AM

2,392 posts, read 9,650,964 times
Another vote for Peng's. Its over by where my hubby works and he took me there a couple of weeks ago and its great food. I could even cut the pork with my fork on the sweet and sour that has not happened to often and the batter on the dish was really good. The lemon chicken was good also very large portion 1/4 on a ckn.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:21 PM

136 posts, read 569,052 times
I went to Peng's one time, and that was one time too many

I'd reccomend Lee's Garden Wurzbach @ Babcock near (in the shopping center behind) McDonalds, they have a regular menu, and a smaller Chinese menu, everything we've had from there (both menus) have been excellent.

-Steve

Old 02-11-2007, 05:20 PM

486 posts, read 1,113,951 times
A place that hubby and I like is the one in Rolling Oaks mall I think its called Super Buffet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio