Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 08:49 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,194,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John911 View Post
From what I understand, there was another 'price and policy adjustment.' The most obvious one is the price for a large tea. It has gone up to $1.85 (Austin and Corpus is $1.89) I have been told that the refill policy has changed. The first refill is free, but be prepared to show a receipt. After the first refill, the refill charge applies.
Roger that on the tea refill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 08:52 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,194,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Beef prices are up big time, but I don't eat at BM because their quality is ... lacking.

OP - did you had a meal, or just the BBQ sandwich?? There is no sandwich for $3.50 on the menu.
OP said they mistakenly charged him twice for the sandwich.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:42 PM

61,704 posts, read 87,101,195 times
^^^ Oooops, yes. I didn't see it...

Old 10-16-2014, 10:53 PM

203 posts, read 561,309 times
For their prices I would rather eat two brothers without question! Bill Millers used to be a nice affordable quick lunch but not anymore. I used to eat there 2-3 times a week because of convenience and price but now they are lucky to see me once every three weeks!! And yeah $2 for a tea that used to be $1.07 no thanks!

Old 10-17-2014, 05:19 AM

4,327 posts, read 7,234,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakssa View Post
For their prices I would rather eat two brothers without question! Bill Millers used to be a nice affordable quick lunch but not anymore. I used to eat there 2-3 times a week because of convenience and price but now they are lucky to see me once every three weeks!! And yeah $2 for a tea that used to be $1.07 no thanks!
Most of the independent mom-and-pop BBQ places are going to beat Bill Miller on quality. Pricing can be another matter, but they are rarely cheaper than Bill Miller.

The problem with the independent places are that they only have one location, and they may only be convenient if you live or work in the area. The second problem may be limited hours/days of operation. For example, some co-workers recently invited me to tag along with them to make the trip to The Big Bibb for lunch on a recent Monday, only to discover The Big Bibb is closed on Mondays.

I'm sure that Two Brothers is better than Bill Miller, but I don't live or work in that area, so I haven't tried it.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:12 AM

77 posts, read 162,615 times
Bill Millers is getting ridiculous. The price of their tea is now at $2 and its mostly ice and has been sitting for a while getting watered down. I used to love their Poor Boys but now it is such cheap quality its disgusting. I bought one last night and had to return it because it was 3/4 fat. On top of that, I asked for marbled meat.

I asked the manager if he thought that was acceptable and all he could do is offer me a free tea. Their prices have skyrocketed while their quality has sunk. I could eat bill millers everyday in the past, now I hardly ever stop there. Its expensive and the quality is junk.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:29 AM

1,642 posts, read 4,093,559 times
And they want to charge you for BBQ SAUCE while eating IN THE RESTAURANT!

Old 10-24-2014, 05:36 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,872,469 times
No complaints about the floresville location. Not bad for fast food BBQ

Old 10-24-2014, 09:27 PM

203 posts, read 561,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runback22 View Post
Bill Millers is getting ridiculous. The price of their tea is now at $2 and its mostly ice and has been sitting for a while getting watered down. I used to love their Poor Boys but now it is such cheap quality its disgusting. I bought one last night and had to return it because it was 3/4 fat. On top of that, I asked for marbled meat.

I asked the manager if he thought that was acceptable and all he could do is offer me a free tea. Their prices have skyrocketed while their quality has sunk. I could eat bill millers everyday in the past, now I hardly ever stop there. Its expensive and the quality is junk.
Yeah and don't even think about getting breakfast tacos there! Prices are insane as well. They also raised the price of their baked potato like 60 cents. I didn't know potato prices had gone up that much smh!

Old 10-25-2014, 09:24 AM

77 posts, read 162,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakssa View Post
Yeah and don't even think about getting breakfast tacos there! Prices are insane as well. They also raised the price of their baked potato like 60 cents. I didn't know potato prices had gone up that much smh!
Yeah their taco prices have always been ridiculous. 2 tacos and a drink should not run you $6. I have seriously cut back eating there from multiple times a week to maybe a couple times a month. I would go daily for a tea but there are cheaper and better teas elsewhere.

I could live with the price changes but the food quality is a deal breaker. I am literally disgusted by their poor boy sandwiches now. It's mostly fat or undercooked meat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio