Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 06:42 AM

4 posts, read 18,041 times

Advertisements

Attended the meeting at Bob Beard last night. A lot of unhappy people, which isn't a shocker. According to our lawyer (Arbor at Sonoma Ranch HOA) none of the land is sold or under any kind of contract. Kyle Seale family is trying to get a few parcels of land rezoned for C3 and multi-family housing but nothing has gone through yet. The area that fronts 1604 is already zoned for C3, but there are three parcels that are not yet zoned. I'm still curious to know who exactly made the map that 210 posted with the store names. As far as I know at best those are possibilities and that is all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2007, 07:36 AM

13,791 posts, read 8,154,500 times
lcw posted the original link to the map on page 4 of this thread.

The pdf map of the proposed developments on hausmanunited.org dates from November of 2004 so who knows how accurate this is. And the name of the architects has been blacked out so that also makes one wonder. So yea, you're right..it is only possibilities at this time IMHO.

Old 02-11-2007, 06:06 PM

4 posts, read 15,643 times
Unhappy The Arbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallysa View Post
Okay....so UTSA has the land inside 1604. Now is there any word on the ranch land across 1604 on either side of Kyle Seale or Hausman?
I went to the neighborhood assoc. meeting for the Arbor...I feel really bad and abused. The buider took us on the grand tour when we were looking. They told us, just like so many others, that the ranch land was not going to be sold....that the family was keeping the land with the house. They never mentioned the papers filed in 1988 with the grand plan. The families facing the ranch paid an extra premium price for their "ranch view" soon to be transulated into "apartment view". What a misrepresentation! What a ripoff!

Old 02-11-2007, 06:25 PM

4 posts, read 15,643 times
The center of Northside ISD is O'Connor High School. There are miles of land for developers,but very little that is affordable and suited for schools. Northside can only build as bond elections and population growth demands. The district will soon out grow Austin ISD and will be the fourth largest in Texas. They are doing a tremendous job with little to no support from the state for funding. The kids and homeowners are at risk in this population explosion. Northside needs all the support it can get.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:09 PM
lcw

118 posts, read 669,600 times
Quote:
I went to the neighborhood assoc. meeting for the Arbor...I feel really bad and abused. The buider took us on the grand tour when we were looking. They told us, just like so many others, that the ranch land was not going to be sold....that the family was keeping the land with the house. They never mentioned the papers filed in 1988 with the grand plan. The families facing the ranch paid an extra premium price for their "ranch view" soon to be transulated into "apartment view". What a misrepresentation! What a ripoff!
I also bought in the Arbor a few years back, but not facing the ranch. They told us they didn't know what was going to happen to the land and anything is possible.

That is an absolute ripoff and misrepresentation if they told you it was not going to be sold and then charged you extra for the "ranch view". If I were you I would seriously consider legal action due to the devaluation in your property which will certainly come.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:18 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,668,971 times
Quote:
The center of Northside ISD is O'Connor High School. There are miles of land for developers,but very little that is affordable and suited for schools. Northside can only build as bond elections and population growth demands. The district will soon out grow Austin ISD and will be the fourth largest in Texas. They are doing a tremendous job with little to no support from the state for funding. The kids and homeowners are at risk in this population explosion. Northside needs all the support it can get.
Please explain how O'Connor High School is the "center" of Northside ISD.

Old 02-11-2007, 10:24 PM

283 posts, read 1,836,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Please explain how O'Connor High School is the "center" of Northside ISD.
O'C and Taft HS arE pretty close to the actual center oF NISD

Old 02-12-2007, 07:36 AM
lcw

118 posts, read 669,600 times
Helotes is the "geographical center of Northside ISD. http://nisd.net/pdf/maps/distmap_0607.pdf

It is amazing the size this district could become.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:52 AM

3,823 posts, read 14,668,971 times
Thanks lcw. I just hope all that "white space" doesn't get filled up by NISD any time soon.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:01 PM

4 posts, read 18,041 times
SallySA, You should definitely look into some legal action on the false promises. I too was at the meeting and there were enough people there that were misled when they bought their homes on or near Feather Trail that I really think you might have a case. At least you can speak up and let people know the dishonesty of the company. Was it DR Horton that you bought from?

Last edited by SLEE; 02-12-2007 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: More specific
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio