Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 06:55 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,699,153 times

Advertisements

Thanks Kevin! I talked to our HOA person, and she was explaining that the developer and Arborist are who make many decisions, not the home builder. We are afraid a new builder will come in and knock down all of the trees and take away the "uniqueness" of the neighborhood. She explained that this is not the case. I think it's just the unknown that scares us! She also mentioned that Lennar, and I thought she said Sittage??? were coming in to build. Maybe she meant Sitterle? She said they would also try to conform to the unique look of the homes and neighborhood here. Thanks for responding!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 07:11 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,427,153 times
Probably Sivage. I think there are rules they have to abide by in that community and keep the trees. I believe it's a protected area and the only reason Medallion was able to build in there was because they followed certain guidelines.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:21 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,791,891 times
So what happens to whatever warranty the builder going out of business had? Does the liability transfer to whoever may buy them out, or just go away otherwise?

Old 01-08-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
So what happens to whatever warranty the builder going out of business had? Does the liability transfer to whoever may buy them out, or just go away otherwise?
Many times the actual builder and warranty dept are two separate entities and the warranty dept actually sticks around. Or there are third party companies that handle that. I'm not 100% sure of the laws but I believe that the govt regulates that you can't just close your doors and leave your homeowners without warranty.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:36 PM

824 posts, read 1,816,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Many times the actual builder and warranty dept are two separate entities and the warranty dept actually sticks around. Or there are third party companies that handle that. I'm not 100% sure of the laws but I believe that the govt regulates that you can't just close your doors and leave your homeowners without warranty.
Kevin is (again) correct.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
Thanks Kevin! I talked to our HOA person, and she was explaining that the developer and Arborist are who make many decisions, not the home builder. We are afraid a new builder will come in and knock down all of the trees and take away the "uniqueness" of the neighborhood. She explained that this is not the case. I think it's just the unknown that scares us! She also mentioned that Lennar, and I thought she said Sittage??? were coming in to build. Maybe she meant Sitterle? She said they would also try to conform to the unique look of the homes and neighborhood here. Thanks for responding!
Sivage is the other builder currently under contract for the remaining lots.

Generally speaking, the subdivision will be finished out per the MDP (and consistent with the other units). You should be fine.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:23 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,381 times
Anyone (dvlpr or kev) know about Alamo Ranch?

--Dim

Old 01-08-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
Anyone (dvlpr or kev) know about Alamo Ranch?

--Dim
Actually just spent all day there. Are you asking specifically about the Medallion section in the back or something different?

Old 01-09-2010, 10:22 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,381 times
I'm talking specifically about the Medallion section over at the Hills at Alamo Ranch (where Meritage is building). There is a Medallion home listed by realtor on the corner (fairly ugly gray stone with gray stucco single story). But, I would assume that activity in the "back of the Ranch" would be reflected here as well.

--Dim

Old 01-09-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
I'm talking specifically about the Medallion section over at the Hills at Alamo Ranch (where Meritage is building). There is a Medallion home listed by realtor on the corner (fairly ugly gray stone with gray stucco single story). But, I would assume that activity in the "back of the Ranch" would be reflected here as well.

--Dim
Medallion will be selling all their assets and shutting down the company. I'm not sure who they'll sell these particular lots to (most builders already have positions in the Culebra corridor), but it's not a bankruptcy situation (though there may be a deed-in-lieu to the lender at some point).

Keep in mind that Medallion was buying these lots from a Galo partnership, so he still owns the majority of the lot inventory in this subdivision. Expect one of the usual suspects to take over the remaining inventory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio