Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 04:02 PM

778 posts, read 2,502,481 times

Advertisements

I'm gonna gain five pounds, walk less and watch more TV.

I've always wanted to succeed at a New Year's resolution that I can keep, so I'm thinking, this is the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 04:19 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,010,218 times
Good one.. be honest with yourself LOL..

Old 01-02-2008, 10:39 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,292,856 times
The core of Jesus' message was not about the following of a religious path, but of giving back to those less fortunate, those that suffer, and standing by them and doing all that we can to support and stand with them. It was not about an institution.

Our resolution, my wife and mine's, is to do more charity work. Not just during the holiday's, but every month: to feed the children starving in this city: to buy orphan kids toys from Wal-mart through-out the year; to supply food to the hungry monthly, not just during the holiday's.

This is our path...

Last edited by GWhopper; 01-02-2008 at 11:06 PM..

Old 01-03-2008, 06:02 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,205,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
The core of Jesus' message was not about the following of a religious path, but of giving back to those less fortunate, those that suffer, and standing by them and doing all that we can to support and stand with them. It was not about an institution.

Our resolution, my wife and mine's, is to do more charity work. Not just during the holiday's, but every month: to feed the children starving in this city: to buy orphan kids toys from Wal-mart through-out the year; to supply food to the hungry monthly, not just during the holiday's.

This is our path...
Great one Whopper!! If only more people would do this. I tried to rep you but I have to spread the love around first

Old 01-08-2008, 12:10 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,292,856 times
What's amazing is how easy it is is now!!!!

It is so simple, the next time you are at HEB, pick up an extra canned good of some kind. The next time you are at Wal-Mart or Target, pick up a $7 toy in the toy section.

Once a week or even once a month, drive down to the Christian Assistance Ministry (CAM) or Catholic Worker House (or anywhere else you feel confident will distribute your gift quickly and directly to those in need) and drop off what you have "collected". This is soooo much more than what any body else does. These are small steps, simple steps, but the best steps.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:11 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,314,373 times
My New Year's resolution is to conform to the group, stop thinking independently, never oppose the opinions of the "all knowing" and become a very shallow and boring person. HHActually folk I really love SA half of the time... the other half of the time my hormones are out of wack.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:18 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
To quit making New Years Resolutions!

Honestly, this year I figured why the heck bother since I am a MAJOR failure at all the ones I have made in the past!

I'll take this one year off and then get back to business next year, promise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio