Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 10:12 PM

262 posts, read 432,477 times

Advertisements

Hello. I made an appointment two months ago with Dr. [Mod cut: no names, please] office, at which time I was instructed to arrive a half hour early to fill out a form as a new patient. When I arrived at the office a half hour early today, I was informed that there was a recent change in policy requiring patients to bring the form completed in advance because it supposedly would take a full hour to fill out. This policy had changed between the scheduling of my appointment and today, but the office staff insisted I had been told about this requirement in advance. As a result, the office refused to keep my appointment with the doctor, and made me reschedule for another day. My son, who took off from work to drive me, was not pleased either. Given this poor treatment, I will not be returning to this office, as they refused to accept responsibility for their own admitted policy change as being the problem. It was absolutely infuriating.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good doctor who specializes in non rheumatoid arthritis?
Thank you so much!!

Last edited by elnina; 12-10-2014 at 09:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 05:24 AM

14,637 posts, read 34,955,695 times
No suggestions for you but why don't they put their forms online like every other doctor's office does these days. That's ridiculous, the way they treated you. Best of luck finding a new doctor.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:40 AM

Or let the patient fill them out in the half hour they arrive early for their appt. Oy... Thanks!

Old 12-10-2014, 09:33 AM

358 posts, read 575,365 times
It is a legit request to require a new pt to fill out the forms re medical history, insurance, etc., before the first visit. However, many doctors require you to "update" all this info on every visit, even if you were there only a month earlier . A friend of mine in medical office management told me the reason for this is to get the pt to cool her heels by occupying herself with the forms for a few minutes, and that way she won't notice how late the doctor is for her scheduled appt. Doctor's offices are run for the convenience of the doctor and staff, and not for the pt. The bottom line is to keep the doctor busy (no down time) so the doc can maximize income.

Old 12-10-2014, 09:50 AM

61,418 posts, read 86,442,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proffer View Post
Or let the patient fill them out in the half hour they arrive early for their appt. Oy... Thanks!

Yes. How they determined that patient needs an hour to fill the forms? Because some people can't read /write/comprehend fast? Maybe you would finish it in 15 minutes?
To late now, but I would insist to get the forms and attempt to fill them out while waiting for the doctor. He was probably late anyway.
Rude and inconsiderate of the staff. They should call you to confirm your appointment anyway AND remind you to come an hour early. That's what professional people do.
I would write review online, to let other people know how they run their office.

I don't know anybody, but check the reviews online:
Google

Good luck!

Old 12-10-2014, 09:50 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,375,753 times
Default No solution,

Agreement though is here. Med. Office staff people can be so inefficient and rude. I would do the same thing as you are doing. Go online to one of those Med. referral websites and list your experience and express your disapproval with their services to warn others of their inefficiency. People die from Medical mistakes all of the time.
I realize that routine paperwork and insurance forms are worse than ever and change all of the time
but the lack of common sense of an office staff can be pretty obvious sometimes. They should have called you in advance.
It is as though they are too busy making money.
However do not miss an appointment or you may be charged a fee by them.
In my opinion they owe you a fee for causing you to miss the appt. Insurance staff is as bad
too. I have seen payment delay by a hospital billing office cause a huge mess.

A few years ago I had an "overdue" Hospital bill that was pending which was turned over to a collection agency, by the hospital ! The hospital would call my house during this time and I would tell them that of course I had Med. insurance, check and see, and just hang on they will pay the bill.
Well I paid the collection company off in full. Then the BC/BS paid off this way overdue bill to the hospital I saw on an ins. statement mailed to the house.
So to the hospital Billing office I went; got a copy of the "paid in full receipt" by the med. insurance company to the bloodsucking collections company office and they had to give all of my money back. They acted very acrimonious- as thought they hated me and I did nothing except pay them for something that had been paid already. Hilarious. Perhaps an hour of time passed by , I waited and waited,they were dragging their feet and finally they had to come out and give me my money back.
I went on a vacation with the money they had to return..
Another instance was when the wife and I both had BC/BS coverages from our jobs. One was the primary policy and the other BC/BS was the secondary policy... Well the secondary Blue Cross (hers) paid the biggest portion of the fees for a hospitalization of one of my sons by mistake.
So. The Blue Cross office then called the house and wanted me to get a refund from the hospital of all the fees, pay them back and have the other BC/BS policy billed, the primary policy that is.
I said," are you crazy? What will you do? Take the money out of one pocket and put in your other pants pocket. No, I won't do any of this. They never called back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proffer View Post
Hello. I made an appointment two months ago with Dr. Emily Pineda's office, at which time I was instructed to arrive a half hour early to fill out a form as a new patient. When I arrived at the office a half hour early today, I was informed that there was a recent change in policy requiring patients to bring the form completed in advance because it supposedly would take a full hour to fill out. This policy had changed between the scheduling of my appointment and today, but the office staff insisted I had been told about this requirement in advance. As a result, the office refused to keep my appointment with the doctor, and made me reschedule for another day. My son, who took off from work to drive me, was not pleased either. Given this poor treatment, I will not be returning to this office, as they refused to accept responsibility for their own admitted policy change as being the problem. It was absolutely infuriating.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good doctor who specializes in non rheumatoid arthritis?
Thank you so much!!

Old 12-11-2014, 02:30 PM

18 posts, read 59,619 times
South Texas Arthritis Care Center, 210-615-9800.
The staff is pleasant and the rheumatologists there are informative and caring.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:04 PM

11 posts, read 9,960 times
Dr Fischbach (not sure of the spelling)

Old 12-11-2014, 07:01 PM

thanks for the recommendations, but it was at one of these places that the incident occurred!

Old 12-12-2014, 12:40 AM

17 posts, read 31,999 times
Dr Chelsea Clinton (she's certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatolgy) @ CiClinton Rheumatology
ph#210-591-0688 . . . I work at a doctor's office and the majority of our patients get referred to Dr Clinton. The staff is very easy to coordinate with and helpful. Just call and see if your insurance plan is accepted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: