Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 02:27 PM

132 posts, read 209,120 times

Advertisements

Haven't posted on the forums in a long time. I hope everyone is doing alright and is having a great new year!

I've got a rude neighbor who can't seem to understand the fact that no one appreciates her bringing her dog to pee/poo on their yards, especially mine and I live next door. We've talked to her husband who's a very nice man and has been told repeatedly that she's doing this. It seems like she's not even listening to him.

Today, I pull up in front of my house and she's standing with her dog on my side of the property line, letting the dog do its business. When she sees me pull up, she slowly walks away like she's been caught and doesn't want to have a confrontation.

We've already done the nice neighbor thing and asked to keep their dog on their property, but it doesn't seem like it's working. So now, I need to get the police involved. Does anyone know the city ordinances which deal with pets or have any suggestions of what I can legally do?

Thanks, everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2015, 02:39 PM

9,848 posts, read 13,685,580 times
Hoa?

Old 01-03-2015, 02:52 PM

I don't live in one of those types of neighborhoods. People in my neighborhood are good about the honor system. Watch out for my house, I'll watch out for yours. Respect mine, I'll respect yours. They're new neighbors. She apparently doesn't understand that. I'm also thinking she's not all there mentally. It's either that or she really doesn't care.

Old 01-03-2015, 03:04 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,978,388 times
San Antonio, Texas - Code of Ordinances

Maybe (d) below...

Sec. 5-150. - Animal nuisances.

The owner or keeper of any animal in the city is responsible for the behavior and conduct of that animal at all times including the creation of a public nuisance. Violations of the following acts or omissions are public nuisances:

(a) The owner or keeper shall keep the animal (except cats) restrained at all times and insure that the animal (except cats) does not roam or run at large at will;
(b) The owner or keeper shall not keep any dog which barks or whines in such a manner, with such intensity, or with such continued duration, or keep any other animal, fowl, or bird, which makes frequent or long, continued noise, so as to annoy, distress or disturb the quiet comfort or repose of persons of normal nervous sensibilities within the vicinity of hearing thereof;
(c) The owner or keeper shall prevent his animal from biting or injuring without provocation, any animal or person;
(d) The owner or keeper shall prevent his animal from damaging or destroying public property or property other than its owner's private property;
(e) The owner or keeper shall not keep more than the number of animals allowed under this chapter;
(f) An owner or keeper creates an animal nuisance by the keeping, frequent feeding or harboring of any poisonous or inherently dangerous or prohibited animal.

(Ord. No. 2010-06-17-0555, § 1, 6-17-10)

Old 01-03-2015, 05:26 PM

Thank you, Major! That's exactly what I was looking for!

Old 01-03-2015, 09:08 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,978,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRocket04 View Post
Thank you, Major! That's exactly what I was looking for!
I'll send you my bill!

Seriously, glad I could help and I hope it all works out!

Cheers! M2

Old 01-04-2015, 01:20 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,641,916 times
Get a photo if you can of this b**** doing what she does! I'm not talking about the dog, mind you. Poor dog just doing what it has to.

Old 01-04-2015, 01:25 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,964,825 times
Ya know, I hate when people don't clean up their dogs poop when they are out walking them, I always stuff a bag in my pocket on my way out the door. The peeing though? Not a whole lot I can do about that, and would be amazed if someone complained!

Old 01-04-2015, 02:05 PM

5,573 posts, read 6,497,373 times
Can you print out the appropriate ordnance and present it to her/them before bringing in the police? You don't even need to speak in person, an envelope with the notice and a short note taped to their home entryway (garage perhaps) should suffice. I am definitely NOT defending this woman, but would like all solutions tried before bringing in the "big guns". I apologize to you on behalf of ALL dog owners who are considerate regarding picking up their dog's "business".

Old 01-04-2015, 10:47 PM

117 posts, read 171,314 times
Good luck. My neighborhood is filled with roaming dogs. Repeated calls to animal control have done nothing. So glad I pay property taxes for a worthless city government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio