Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 10:26 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,438,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
My opinion, prim8. I have been in the traffic during and not during rush hour and my tolerance for it was running pretty thin. It's just not where I would want to be.
I understand that, I just wanted to offer a contrasting opinion. More information certainly can't hurt in this case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 10:34 PM

7 posts, read 10,435 times
Recklesscognition,
I apologize that the real estate agents you are working with are not showing you the houses you would like. Personally, I believe there are great areas in the area you are looking in. [Mod cut: City Data does not permit posts containing realtor advertising or solicitation of business. Please refer to the Terms of Service, available at the top of every forum index page]

Last edited by elnina; 01-26-2015 at 01:53 AM..

Old 01-28-2015, 02:39 PM

48 posts, read 77,494 times
We just finished up touring around Austin and Dallas and have decided we like San Antonio the best. We just want to get a better grip on the city and where the up and coming neighborhoods and parts of town are and the ones that are in decline. We will probably rent but want to be prepared in case a good property pops up.

There seem to be a lot of good schools in the NW part of town I was originally describing, from Braun, down Tezel, down to Wiseman, a lot of possible further development outside 1604 to the West, north of Alamo Ranch, and there are newer, nicer looking parts of town on the North, NE quadrant.

Can anyone give me their opinions on where these places are going over the next few years in regards to development and market? It seems inevitable that the area to the West of 1604 out by Alamo Ranch is going to be developed heavily, lots of retail, apartments, homes, townhomes, etc. Is that a fair assumption? Is it a desirable place to live?

Old 01-28-2015, 05:05 PM

1,647 posts, read 2,063,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recklesscognition View Post
We just finished up touring around Austin and Dallas and have decided we like San Antonio the best. We just want to get a better grip on the city and where the up and coming neighborhoods and parts of town are and the ones that are in decline. We will probably rent but want to be prepared in case a good property pops up.

There seem to be a lot of good schools in the NW part of town I was originally describing, from Braun, down Tezel, down to Wiseman, a lot of possible further development outside 1604 to the West, north of Alamo Ranch, and there are newer, nicer looking parts of town on the North, NE quadrant.

Can anyone give me their opinions on where these places are going over the next few years in regards to development and market? It seems inevitable that the area to the West of 1604 out by Alamo Ranch is going to be developed heavily, lots of retail, apartments, homes, townhomes, etc. Is that a fair assumption? Is it a desirable place to live?
Yes, it's being heavily developed now. As far as desirable, that's your call. If you like suburban living, then yes. If you like a more urban environment where you can walk to things on a regular basis, then absolutely not.

Old 02-07-2015, 07:51 AM

3 posts, read 4,415 times
We just purchased our home in Dove Creek subdivision. It is a new subdivision being built by New Leaf Homes near Microtel Inns & Suites outside loop 1604 by Potranco. The homes begin at $150. We also wanted to get a home around $175. Many things we found around the price did not offer a custom feel....until we came across Dove Creek at New Leaf. My husband works off 10 and I work off 410. I drive 1604 for about 4 miles and then exit to 90. Drive Highway 90 for 2 miles and then exit to 410. I enter 410 near Marbach. We searched numerous places in SA before buying here. Alamo Ranch, Stillwater, and Kallison Ranch were all out of my price range for the homes we loved and wanted. Laurel Mountain, Weston Oaks, Amhurst, and Wolf Creek were all within price range. But we chose Dove Creek because it gave us more than what we wanted for a great price. We have granite counters and a double oven, but didn't pay Alamo Ranch's price.

Here is a link for New Leaf available homes at Dove Creek http://www.newleafhomes.com/communities/Dove_Creek/. You can look at the pictures on realtor.com

I also used New Homes | Search Home Builders and New Homes for Sale.

Good luck!

P.S...we also looked in Converse, Live Oak, and Bulverde.

Last edited by alikat08; 02-07-2015 at 08:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio