Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 01:45 PM

39 posts, read 937,829 times

Advertisements

As I sat at the intersection of HWY 1604 and Potranco Rd. I notice this couple in front of me with a baby seat in the back seat. They are both dancing out a well rehearsed dance to some jingle playing on the radio. (from what it looks like) Not are they just dancing they are both doing the same hand movements to certain parts of the song.. as if to a Sesame Street Tune. I could feel the love from one car back. I saw a young couple full of Love and Happiness, showing this child that doesn't even know his name what a Family foundation should consist of: Attention, Love, Happiness. I was taken back for a few moments. I sat there and just was in complete aww of this that was transpiring in front of me. The smile on their faces, and the look on their faces showed no worries, no fears, just complete love and joy. A moment so innocent to them, and a moment so great to me to witness. It almost brought a tear to my eye. I realized at that moment that there is nothing more important then my Wife and kids at home. I can have all the pressures in the world, and my Kids will never know about it, not to mention my wife will only know minimal because it is my job to keep them safe and happy.
So the purpose of this post is to tell everyone: "Do Good and Do It Now." Remember that life is too short. We get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of work, and life. Allot of us forget to take the time to slow down, and ask our children, "How was your day?" Or your signifant other, "What did you do today?"... Or maybe just a simple, "I Love You." Some where today if you could just make the time to show an act of kidness, and DO GOOD. This post will be worth while. And don't just stop there. Take this post, copy and paste it, and sent it to every person in your Contacts, and lets see how many Good Gestures we can create. This will become like a contageous disease and spread... Wouldn't that be nice. I hope this did not take to much of your time, and remember You control your destiny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 01:54 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,207,318 times
Good post.
I tell my kids I love them ALL the time, everytime we hang up the phone, every morning, every night and sometimes when were just hanging out I grab them and hug them and tell them "I love you".
We always have dinner together as a family. It is a great time, we all talk about our day and laugh. It is a good way to wind down from a long day at work or school.
I never take my kids for granted. I enjoy every minute with them that I can. They will be grown up and have kids of their own before I know it.

Another thing, is always ask your significant other "how was your day?" and give them a hug and kiss when you see them at the end of the day. It really means a lot.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:42 PM

39 posts, read 937,829 times
Every single day I sit down and have dinner with my family.... That is if I show up on time due to late night clients. But they will all sit there and watch me eat, including my wife. That is the time we all share our day. We go as far to share the best part of our day. Where mine is usually being attacked at the front door by all three of them when I get home, or it is when I remove them from there bed and carry them to the sofa in my arms as I whisper to them that I love them. That is probably going to end soon though, the carrying part that is. They are growing way too fast.... but yes these are the days..... As Queen said in his song, These are the days of our lives.....(I pasted the lyrics below.... just because it is an awesome song.)

These Are The Days Of Our Lives Lyrics
Artist(Band):Queen
Review The Song (9)Print the Lyrics

Words and music by Queen

Sometimes I get the feelin'
I was back in the old days - long ago
When we were kids when we were young
Things seemed so perfect - you know
The days were endless we were crazy we were young
The sun was always shinin' - we just lived for fun
Sometimes it seems like lately - I just don't know
The rest of my life's been just a show

Those were the days of our lives
The bad things in life were so few
Those days are all gone now but one thing is true
When I look and I find I still love you

You can't turn back the clock you can't turn back the tide
Ain't that a shame
I'd like to go back one time on a roller coaster ride
When life was just a game
No use in sitting and thinkin' on what you did
When you can lay back and enjoy it through your kids
Sometimes it seems like lately - I just don't know
Better sit back and go with the flow

Cos these are the days of our lives
They've flown in the swiftness of time
These days are all gone now but some things remain
When I look and I find no change

Those were the days of our lives - yeah
The bad things in life were so few
Those days are all gone now but one thing's still true
When I look and I find
I still love you

I still love you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malone View Post
Good post.
I tell my kids I love them ALL the time, everytime we hang up the phone, every morning, every night and sometimes when were just hanging out I grab them and hug them and tell them "I love you".
We always have dinner together as a family. It is a great time, we all talk about our day and laugh. It is a good way to wind down from a long day at work or school.
I never take my kids for granted. I enjoy every minute with them that I can. They will be grown up and have kids of their own before I know it.

Another thing, is always ask your significant other "how was your day?" and give them a hug and kiss when you see them at the end of the day. It really means a lot.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:33 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,011,692 times
Great post here! The one thing I realize is this.. life is short and uncertain.. You never know if you will walk back in the door again if you left it.. So always act as if it is the last time your walking out of the door.. I give my wife a kiss every morning when I leave for work (even though she is asleep) and I tell her I love her...

Great post!

Old 01-09-2008, 05:21 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
Loved your message...you earned a BIG rep from me for this one!

It is easy to get caught up in the hussle and bussle of life, and so easy to overlook the simple things like ensuring that those we love know how important they are to us.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:05 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,775,268 times
What a great thread!!

Thank you, it's inspiring and uplifting!!!

Old 01-09-2008, 07:16 PM

141 posts, read 508,417 times
Talking great post

you know, it was tempting for me to skip over the post, but after reading it i'm glad that i didn't. not to sound too corny, but it hit the spiritual spot for me.

i especially like the use of the song by Queen, it's one of my faves from their later years.

thanks again.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:02 PM

6 posts, read 14,948 times
Default Wow, what a coincidence!

I am active duty Air Force retiring in San Antonio around Nov '08. As of late Dec 07, I thought my only stressor was retiring. Recently, my wife was diagnosed with skin cancer and just today my oldest son was diagnosed with epilepsy; all under three weeks. Both are not death sentences but combined are enough to drive a husband/father crazy, like what's next. Your words are very very very true and I will remember them everyday, thanks!
PS: I am not trying to garner sympathy but rather to compliment the author.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:09 PM

10 posts, read 65,182 times
This IS a great thread. My first child, a son, was born only 5 months ago. I cried after finding out that it was going to be a boy and I cried again when I saw him being born. It is a feeling that I never hope to forget in my lifetime and thereafter.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:45 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,315,120 times
Default Important thread...

Thanks for this thread that speaks to the heart and what is really important in life. Also thanks to the person that posted the touching lyrics to a song. Sometimes it takes a 9/11 wake up call to get our attention. Then we realize what is really important in this world... the people we love. I remember who I ran to that day and it was not my job, my car, my house or my money. And did you happen to notice that people were nicer to each other after that event (for a little while anyway) until the rat race kicked back in. We are always ready to find fault with each other and neglect the best. We are all guilty except for the Saints. It usually takes a catastrophe to make us realize who we really are (spiritual beings) and what is really important in life (those we love). I like to think that true human nature is evident at those times (when we are forced to shed our armor and show our true self which at it's core is most loving and perfect.) The message here is don't take anything for granted because what is most precious to you could be gone tomorrow. Appreciate and cherish your loved one's everyday that they are with you and don't wait until it is too late. None of us will be here forever so make the most of the time we have together. And shed some armor because everything living is soft. Apply this to the world and we will make magic. Two songs come to mind by John Lennon... "All We Need Is Love" and "Imagine"... wish I had the lyrics to share. And last but not least for the person who just found out about his wife and son... my heart and prayers go out to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio