Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 03:36 AM

1 posts, read 11,372 times

Advertisements

I am soon moving to San antonio to join USAA federal savings bank whose office is on Mcdermott freeway. Could somebody please tell which are the good apartments close to the USAA office and are also in close proximity to the shopping places....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 06:38 AM

1,066 posts, read 3,693,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRUMA View Post
I am soon moving to San antonio to join USAA federal savings bank whose office is on Mcdermott freeway. Could somebody please tell which are the good apartments close to the USAA office and are also in close proximity to the shopping places....
It depends on what you call close. I will advise you that most of the apartments within walking distance of USAA have been completely taken over by foreign contractors. So you might want to ask the apartment management on what the population make up is. I just thought you should know, since some people have an adversion to that.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:09 AM

330 posts, read 1,372,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo View Post
It depends on what you call close. I will advise you that most of the apartments within walking distance of USAA have been completely taken over by foreign contractors. So you might want to ask the apartment management on what the population make up is. I just thought you should know, since some people have an adversion to that.
This is true, but the apartment managers aren't allowed to give out that info. If it's something you want to avoid, it mostly applies to the apartments on USAA Blvd. and on Fredericksburg.

There are a LOT of apartments that fit the criteria you mentioned. I lived briefly in Colonnade Apartments off I-10 and enjoyed it there. If you'd like an attached 1-car garage, Wall Street Apartments on Vance Jackson is another good option.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:17 PM

3 posts, read 25,719 times
Smile Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRUMA View Post

Really! I'm starting with USAA next month as well. As far as apartments, I stay away from Fredericksburg road and most of the apartments right off I10 in that area. I live in Castle Hills and it's just a ten minute drive to USAA. Try down Wurzbach road...tons of apartments that way and all the shopping you could want is there too. Good luck in your search!

Old 01-10-2008, 09:20 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fefegriff View Post
Really! I'm starting with USAA next month as well. As far as apartments, I stay away from Fredericksburg road and most of the apartments right off I10 in that area. I live in Castle Hills and it's just a ten minute drive to USAA. Try down Wurzbach road...tons of apartments that way and all the shopping you could want is there too. Good luck in your search!
I wouldn't recommend Wurzbach between Fred Rd. and I-10. Or any road off that stretch. Datapoint area just flat out scares me. My opinion only, so not trying to offend anyone who may live there.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:37 PM

3 posts, read 25,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I wouldn't recommend Wurzbach between Fred Rd. and I-10. Or any road off that stretch. Datapoint area just flat out scares me. My opinion only, so not trying to offend anyone who may live there.

Hmm...I'm thinking more of the apartments on the other side of I10..away from Fredericksburg road and USAA. I've been down Fred. road and Datapoint and I hear ya loud and clear. Not a choice location. However lately I've noticed that most of the apartments on this side of town, mine included, are getting rather scary. I'm looking to move soon too as I cannot afford this freaking rent anymore.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:15 PM

1 posts, read 10,955 times
Default Open your eyes

Okay, I know this is old, but some of the replies struck me as so ignorant that I had to join this and respond. Look at the user name of the person initiating this string. It's Kruma. It's not John or Sally. Okay, now look at the ridiculously prejudiced replies to Kruma's post. Duh. -- USAA hires a lot of Indian/foreign contractors. They do damn good work (better than some lazy employees who sit around and gripe about their jobs being in jeopardy). Indian people eat and sleep and shop just like American people. So what if many of these contractors live on or near USAA Blvd. I bet they pay their damn bills ON TIME! I bet they're not sitting on their balconies smoking weed or playing loud music. And I bet they ain't stealing jack! -- Jeez, people, wake up and stop being so ignorant and prejudiced.

By the way, Kruma, you probably already figured it out, but there are many apartments within walking distance of USAA. They're all near bus lines. There are also many good places to shop in town. La Cantera is close and has a large variety. It's pricey, but very popular. North Star Mall is popular, too. And if you get a chance, go downtown. There's River Center Mall, the riverwalk, and and many historic and touristy things to do. Good luck!

Old 07-28-2008, 08:59 PM

348 posts, read 1,222,690 times
I know some med school residents live in Promontory Point off Medical Dr. Maybe someone will post some feedback since I have not been there lately.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:05 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkinsa View Post
Okay, I know this is old, but some of the replies struck me as so ignorant that I had to join this and respond. Look at the user name of the person initiating this string. It's Kruma. It's not John or Sally. Okay, now look at the ridiculously prejudiced replies to Kruma's post. Duh. -- USAA hires a lot of Indian/foreign contractors. They do damn good work (better than some lazy employees who sit around and gripe about their jobs being in jeopardy). Indian people eat and sleep and shop just like American people. So what if many of these contractors live on or near USAA Blvd. I bet they pay their damn bills ON TIME! I bet they're not sitting on their balconies smoking weed or playing loud music. And I bet they ain't stealing jack! -- Jeez, people, wake up and stop being so ignorant and prejudiced.

By the way, Kruma, you probably already figured it out, but there are many apartments within walking distance of USAA. They're all near bus lines. There are also many good places to shop in town. La Cantera is close and has a large variety. It's pricey, but very popular. North Star Mall is popular, too. And if you get a chance, go downtown. There's River Center Mall, the riverwalk, and and many historic and touristy things to do. Good luck!
ONE person mentions foreign contractors and 6 months later you are in a tizz? I stand by my opinion--I wouldn't live anywhere near Datapoint. And it has nothing to do with foreign contractors.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:18 PM

1,241 posts, read 4,334,149 times
LOL, geez Saph, you have issues with drug dealers? What is this world coming to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio