U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-13-2008, 10:41 PM
 
30 posts, read 68,129 times
Reputation: 16

Advertisements

Just checking in, how is everyone doing?

I've lived in San Antonio for a little over a year now, how does everyone like it and what do you expect for its future?

(besides the obvious construction, lol)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-06-2015, 04:03 PM
 
1 posts, read 2,132 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeingMe View Post
Just checking in, how is everyone doing?

I've lived in San Antonio for a little over a year now, how does everyone like it and what do you expect for its future?

(besides the obvious construction, lol)
Well i have been here 11 years, i was looking for a new place and thought just like you, so, i read the articles and welcom! I like the heat, but too tired to stay up late at the clubs, anywho, hope you found something welcome and someone warming
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2015, 07:44 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
432 posts, read 407,911 times
Reputation: 229
I've lived in San Antonio for a little over a year now
I like it
more toll roads, streetcar, DWI crashes on the news
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2015, 11:43 AM
 
Location: some where in the old USA
160 posts, read 131,555 times
Reputation: 212
I live here over 19 years and ready to move to different state. I'm so tired of heat and lazy people they cannot fellow simple directions, paying no attention whats going on or cannot read signs. I'm not talking about old folks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2015, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Far NW San Antonio
293 posts, read 343,232 times
Reputation: 187
I travel alot within the state of Texas and recently spent a week in Washington State. Let me just say, While I did not miss the weather... I really missed our speed limit and have to say, the drivers to a point. I really did not enjoy driving over there or the 55 mph speed limit on the highway while being boxed in by people with canoes in the fast lane going 50.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2015, 02:29 PM
 
Location: San Antonio TX
78 posts, read 79,629 times
Reputation: 77
Been here about eight months; so far so good! People are nice and the food is great. I'm glad we bought a house with a pool and that the heat hasn't been too terrible yet. ::knocking on wood::

I don't know what to expect for the future-- seems like people are moving here in droves.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2015, 03:11 PM
 
2,721 posts, read 3,701,408 times
Reputation: 1536
Default I live here over nineteen years?

and ready to move to a different state?

This is great stuff here.
Never mind. Take the on-ramp at - I thirty five North happy landings
and Don't forget to Wright now and again..some time. Drop us a not. Let us know how you've done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsgo2020 View Post
I live here over 19 years and ready to move to different state. I'm so tired of heat and lazy people they cannot fellow simple directions, paying no attention whats going on or cannot read signs. I'm not talking about old folks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2015, 06:00 AM
 
Location: Stone Oak, San Antonio
854 posts, read 672,858 times
Reputation: 831
I've been here just a couple months after having spent
15 years near Philadelphia and 12 years near Baltimore.
So far, I love San Antonio. I have totally lost my stress,
people are so friendly they remind me of growing up in Kentucky.

We just put a contract out on a house and I can predict what I
won't like is paying the taxes. Hopefully when we retire in a few
years though we can get those frozen.

If I could change one thing it would be I would more highly
regulate the stone activities in the area. There are too many open
Quarries and too many of their trucks on the road. They don't do
enough to keep their loads protected from residue dropping on the
road. It would be impossible to keep a really nice car clean and paint
chip free driving on I35 every day. Also as a result, the roads are
filthy. Drive the interstates in MD and you will see what I mean.

Sorry, one more thing I would change is more competition for HEB.
I know you Texans love your HEB, but what about Kroger or Wegmans?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2015, 06:42 AM
 
520 posts, read 655,584 times
Reputation: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashfearless View Post
Sorry, one more thing I would change is more competition for HEB.
I know you Texans love your HEB, but what about Kroger or Wegmans?
Unfortunately, Wegmans is nowhere near expanding into Texas (I'm from PA). Central Market (an HEB brand) on Broadway is about the closest you'll get here - their specialy meat and cheese sections rival Wegmans and the prices are pretty much in line. I really wish they would open a couple more up around town but don't think that is in the plans.

The other chains were driven out years ago.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2015, 09:56 AM
 
Location: San Antonio
434 posts, read 1,026,318 times
Reputation: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashfearless View Post
I've been here just a couple months after having spent
15 years near Philadelphia and 12 years near Baltimore.
So far, I love San Antonio. I have totally lost my stress,
people are so friendly they remind me of growing up in Kentucky.

We just put a contract out on a house and I can predict what I
won't like is paying the taxes. Hopefully when we retire in a few
years though we can get those frozen.

If I could change one thing it would be I would more highly
regulate the stone activities in the area. There are too many open
Quarries and too many of their trucks on the road. They don't do
enough to keep their loads protected from residue dropping on the
road. It would be impossible to keep a really nice car clean and paint
chip free driving on I35 every day. Also as a result, the roads are
filthy. Drive the interstates in MD and you will see what I mean.

Sorry, one more thing I would change is more competition for HEB.
I know you Texans love your HEB, but what about Kroger or Wegmans?
I agree, I would love to see Wegmans. That is the one thing I miss and the first place I went into when I went back home for a visit recently. I also agree that Central Market is about the closest you will find to Wegmans.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top