U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 04:59 PM

3,216 posts, read 7,818,133 times

Advertisements

I doubt it, this part of town got heavy rains, but the hail bypassed us!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2016, 05:07 PM

4,132 posts, read 6,454,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzachattack2 View Post
Does anybody know if the Indian Spings subdivision was affected by large hail? Just northeast of TPC parkway and 281. I just closed on a home there last week, but I'm not in the area yet. Just a bit worried there is major damage that I don't know about. Figured I'd ask here before asking my realtor if she'd take a look.
That storm system caused some serious damage across the northern half of San Antonio...I live just a few miles from Alamo Ranch and just got heavy rain and no hail. You may have the same luck. Call your realtor now.

Last edited by Deep Forest; 04-13-2016 at 05:37 PM..

Old 04-13-2016, 05:43 PM

437 posts, read 560,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzachattack2 View Post
Does anybody know if the Indian Spings subdivision was affected by large hail? Just northeast of TPC parkway and 281. I just closed on a home there last week, but I'm not in the area yet. Just a bit worried there is major damage that I don't know about. Figured I'd ask here before asking my realtor if she'd take a look.
No. I'm close by. We did not get any hail in the area. Just very heavy rain.

Old 04-13-2016, 08:04 PM

7,629 posts, read 15,023,467 times
So, for those of you that FB, there is a GREAT weather guru site called South Texas Weather Update that you should check out and like for updates as they post them.

First, I have found them to be EXTREMELY reliable with info on upcoming weather events for SA and South Texas, and #2, what they are saying about the potential for serious flooding in this area starting this weekend and running thru Wed of next week warrants watching for sure. Even they say it is early, and they are keeping an eye on it, but SA looks to be in the middle of a forecast 8-9 inches of rain in a few days time.

Old 04-13-2016, 08:17 PM

846 posts, read 1,939,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post

snip

I have found them to be EXTREMELY reliable

snip

but SA looks to be in the middle of a forecast 8-9 inches of rain in a few days time.
believe it when I see it............

Old 04-13-2016, 08:57 PM

6,768 posts, read 10,001,409 times
Quote:
So, for those of you that FB, there is a GREAT weather guru site called South Texas Weather Update that you should check out and like for updates as they post them.
Thanks, Paka - worth monitoring, at least!!

Old 04-13-2016, 09:32 PM

434 posts, read 1,033,016 times
Quote:

First, I have found them to be EXTREMELY reliable with info on upcoming weather events for SA and South Texas, and #2, what they are saying about the potential for serious flooding in this area starting this weekend and running thru Wed of next week warrants watching for sure. Even they say it is early, and they are keeping an eye on it, but SA looks to be in the middle of a forecast 8-9 inches of rain in a few days time.
Thanks Paka for this info. The more information we have the better prepared we should be. I hope that everyone has a "To Go Bag" prepared. Don't wait to get it together because a disaster doesn't give you an opportunity for a later date.

Old 04-13-2016, 09:47 PM

4,107 posts, read 4,734,776 times
Dang, 'Nina! I haven't walked around my house yet. Hoping I don't have any damage. Roof, from what I can see, looks OK. I think I only got hit with the small ice balls, I didn't see any golf ball size hail. I called my insurance company about something else, then asked if I should have an inspection on my roof. I was told no because it would open up a claim, which could raise my rates even if there was no damage or actual claim for repair filed. So I may contact a Dave Ramsey ELP roofer to do an inspection.

Old 04-13-2016, 09:56 PM

4,169 posts, read 3,984,978 times
Mom said her converse hood looked like a war zone. Broken windows on cars, homes, tree damages....she said her house sounded like it was going to explode.

Old 04-14-2016, 07:23 AM

3,927 posts, read 4,301,632 times
Paka's source and the NWS agree...

Quote:
A DANGEROUS WET PATTERN CONTINUES TO BE HIGHLIGHTED BY THE MEDIUM
RANGE MODELS STARTING OVER THE WEEKEND. A LARGE UPPER LOW IS
DEPICTED TO DEEPEN AND BECOME QUASI-STATIONARY OVER NM BY DAYTIME
SATURDAY WITH A CONVEYOR BELT OF MOISTURE FUNNELING OVER MUCH OF
TEXAS THROUGH MONDAY AND POSSIBLY LATER.
National Weather Service Text Product Display
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio