Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 07:05 AM

6,705 posts, read 8,771,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Like their predecessor, neither are worth a damn. I guess it just comes down to who do I dislike the least.

I guess the good thing is, the position is pretty much meaningless anyway.
This I agree with 100%. I liked Mike Villarreal but I think he is a tad inexperienced for the position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 08:55 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,408,536 times
I do not want a progressive, trying to social engineer the society.

I want the city to protect me, pick up my garbage and scarce few other things.

I do not want to provide free day care to a voting bloc nor affirmation of non discrimination where none existed.

The city government should LEAVE ME ALONE!!!

Old 06-04-2015, 09:07 AM

431 posts, read 1,203,757 times
insert Client Eastwood "get off my lawn!" photo here

Old 06-04-2015, 11:07 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heimerswt View Post
insert Client Eastwood "get off my lawn!" photo here
There's plenty of worse things.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:36 AM

1,647 posts, read 2,062,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
I do not want a progressive, trying to social engineer the society.

I want the city to protect me, pick up my garbage and scarce few other things.

I do not want to provide free day care to a voting bloc nor affirmation of non discrimination where none existed.

The city government should LEAVE ME ALONE!!!
I think we need a progressive. Too much same ol' same ol' around here.

I can protect myself and my family well enough, do need the FD though.

I'd pay for private trash pick-up.

Don't care about free pre-k.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:53 AM

1,032 posts, read 874,442 times
Taylor cannot split the hispanic vote, so I doubt she stands a real chance in this

They're both not great choices, but Taylor had her shot to show she can lead and she's failed at that.

Old 06-05-2015, 09:27 PM

894 posts, read 1,545,948 times
Really bothers me how our police are coming out in support of VDP with their commercials against Taylor. Guess VDP made a deal with them to support their unsustainable contract demands, which means more potholes for everyone and makes annexation a sure thing to pay for it all. Tired of pyramid scheme politics! That the police publicly support anyone is offensive. Could you imagine our armed forces running ads in favor of a Presidential candidate? No, because for one it is illegal. Police shouldn't be able to do it either. This isn't Mexico...where the police routinely and openly campaign for candidates.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:01 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,343,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustybolt View Post
Really bothers me how our police are coming out in support of VDP with their commercials against Taylor. Guess VDP made a deal with them to support their unsustainable contract demands, which means more potholes for everyone and makes annexation a sure thing to pay for it all. Tired of pyramid scheme politics! That the police publicly support anyone is offensive. Could you imagine our armed forces running ads in favor of a Presidential candidate? No, because for one it is illegal. Police shouldn't be able to do it either. This isn't Mexico...where the police routinely and openly campaign for candidates.
If you listened to the last debate you can tell LVP will cave and give in to the police union demand. Thank goodness we have that bull dog Sculley taking the lead on this.

But hey let's be simple voters and all only look at the NDO.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:28 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
If you listened to the last debate you can tell LVP will cave and give in to the police union demand. Thank goodness we have that bull dog Sculley taking the lead on this.
I'm worried that Van de Putte undoing Sculley's leverage on the public safety contracts would cause Sculley to leave, early in Van de Putte's term. That's really Sculley's signature issue at the moment. Sculley has made it clear that leaving the current benefits in place will cause financial ruin in the long term. Why would she stick around to preside over an impending financial mess? It will be crystal clear right out of the chute that she can't count on the new mayor to back her up.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:52 PM

894 posts, read 1,545,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
I'm worried that Van de Putte undoing Sculley's leverage on the public safety contracts would cause Sculley to leave, early in Van de Putte's term. That's really Sculley's signature issue at the moment. Sculley has made it clear that leaving the current benefits in place will cause financial ruin in the long term. Why would she stick around to preside over an impending financial mess? It will be crystal clear right out of the chute that she can't count on the new mayor to back her up.
Totally agree. If she coerces Sculley out and the police and fire Union prevails, we will be doomed to an unsustainable contract that will force the city to sacrifice other essential services to fulfill the commitment. Can't believe any mayoral candidate would want that as their legacy but I guess Van De Putte is shortsighted and willing to pander to the union.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio