Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 09:29 AM

197 posts, read 774,817 times

Advertisements

Looks gorgeous on paper but what is it really like? Is the location too out there? How are the schools? Ammenities? Are we better off looking at the Dominion?

How about Shavano Park?

So confusing.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 11:11 AM

260 posts, read 1,140,631 times
The place is GORGEOUS. Dominion is more complete so obviously you'd be getting in on more of the ground floor at Briggs. Still, if you do your research you'll find that everything going in around it is going to be high quality....read on and look around this site and you'll see what I mean.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:17 AM

THANK YOU--what do you think of it as a place for a family?

Old 01-20-2008, 12:30 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,389,061 times
Really depends on what you're looking for. Both are golf course communities. Dominion's been around forever. It's got new homes going in ranging from $500,000 and up. The Parade of Homes was there this year and they all ran about $2 million. Very nice homes, but a lot of people feel like they're on top of one another.

Briggs Ranch is very, very new, and fairly far outside of town. It's pretty, but it's too early to know what will happen in that community. Based on its location, I'd guess that if it takes off, it'll be a while. There are a few high end communities around that haven't taken off for one reason or another.

Where your husband works will greatly depend on where you want to be. You also need to consider what type of area you want to be in. Do you want acreage? A 2 acre lot? Do you want a new home? Resale? Custom build? Views? Privacy?

There are some great high end neighborhoods around. Shavano is a great and very established area. There are some great areas in there with both older and newer homes. Some gated areas, some not gated.

Like I said above, Dominion is very crowded, but it's got some nice homes. I know quite a few people in there and their kids seem very happy. It's not uncommon to see kids driving around to friends' houses on their golf cart.

Anaqua Springs is a REALLY hot community right now. It's got houses ranging from $950,000 on up. The houses are more spread out because they all sit on 1 to 2 acres. Not huge, but big enough that you're not on top of your neighborhood. I know most of the residents in that community right now and there are a ton of kids. The developer is probably putting in a park and family rec area. Hasn't been decided for sure, but we're pushing him to.

There are some other areas on different parts of town, but the best thing would be to find out where your husband will be commuting to.

As for a good place for a family, because most people in Texas are friendly, for those that look for places for families to get involved with each other, they're all over. If you talk to a few neighbors, you'll almost definitely find a group that does a lot of things together.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:53 PM

260 posts, read 1,140,631 times
Hard to say since I don't live there. All I can tell is there seems to be a lot of money and everything is quite well done. Don't know if the population is retired golfers, however. Why not take a drive out there?

Old 01-20-2008, 12:57 PM

Thanks guys!! Believe it or not, I have NEVER EVER stepped foot in SA!! I am possibly coming out in a few weeks and will ask the realtor to take me around. Yes--will drive out to Briggs but I think Dominion, or Anaqua Springs may make more sense.

THANKS A TON---I really appreciate your kindness is taking the time to answer my questions!

:-)

Lola

Old 01-20-2008, 01:03 PM

kevcrawford: Anaqua Springs looks GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! I got excited just looking at it!!! Do you know how far along it is and anything about the communities? Do you know if there are spec houses ready to go or would we need to build? Looks GORGEOUS--thank you!

Old 01-20-2008, 01:04 PM

Default nevermind---just found this!

naqua Springs
From Kori Ellis,
Your Guide to San Antonio.
FREE Newsletter. Sign Up Now!
Anaqua Springs Overview:
Anaqua Springs is a master-planned community north of San Antonio on the far northwest side. The community has three current phases with a fourth phase being planned. Anaqua Springs Ranch I, II and III are all already developed, though some do have houses for sale or empty lots that can be bought and built upon.
Each development is very high-end with many neighborhood amenities. The overall quiet and safety of the community make it an ideal place to raise a family or get away from the bustle of city life.

Anaqua Springs History:
Anaqua Springs doesn't have much history – yet. That is because the development is only a few years old, having been first conceived and announced in the summer of 2004. The first houses began creeping up in 2005 during Phase I and after just two short years a Phase IV is being planned as Phase III continues to fill up.
Anaqua Springs Schools:
Residents of Anaqua Springs who have children will send their kids to one of the schools of the Northside Independent School District. The largest of San Antonio's school districts, Northside has nearly 100 schools with more being slated to open each year. To find out more about NISD and the specific schools that Anaqua Springs residents will attend, visit NISD.net.
Anaqua Springs Housing:
Most everyone moves out to Anaqua Springs for the quiet, the safety and the beauty of the homes. Houses range in size from one to four acres.
Homes generally range in price from $800,000 to several million dollars, depending on size and location of the lot. A lot can be purchased directly from a builder with the understanding that you will contract them to build your custom home for you. For information about open lots or how to get a lot in Phase IV that has not yet started building, visit the Anaqua Springs website.

Anaqua Springs Master-Planned Community:
Anaqua Springs was planned to be an environmentally-preserved community. This means that the native materials like limestone, wooded valleys and waterfalls in the area were all kept intact despite the amount of building and development in the area. These bring a feeling of authenticity and nature to what would otherwise be just any old subdivision.
Another aspect of Anaqua Springs that was planned was the inclusion of Euro Texan architecture. This is a blend of the German/Old World heritage that is common in South Texas with a more modern flair. All current homes for sale and all preferred builders that are allowed to build on Anaqua Springs lots adhere to this style. For examples, visit anaquasprings.com

Houses all have gated entry with overnight guard duty, high-speed fiber optic networking, underground utilities and municipal water.

Preferred builders include Burdick Custom Homes, Inc., Diamante Custom Homes, Don Craighead Homes, Fine Homes by Greg Lewis, Steve Heflin Architect/Builder, Inc., Mike Hollaway Custom Homes, Michael Holub Custom Homes Hughes Old World Homes, Image Homes, Ltd., Stadler Custom Homes of San Antonio, LP and Todd Glowka Builder, Inc. Click here for more information about each builder including pictures of their work.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:07 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,389,061 times
Sending you a PM. I know that community inside and out. I'm there three or four times a week.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:11 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,889,963 times
Kevin...what are you hearing about Terramont? Like to get your thoughts on this project.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio