Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2008, 01:00 PM

4 posts, read 12,404 times

Advertisements

We are moving to the San Antonio area this summer, DH will be at Lackland AFB. We are in need of a realtor that can help us decipher the city and help us to find a nice area for our family. We are skimming the forum and have some ideas but do not want to make a mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 01:30 PM

260 posts, read 1,135,756 times
We hunted around for a realtor when we moved here in March, and were very happy with who we wound up with. Feel free to PM me for details...

It's important you find someone who will listen to what you are looking for in an area, and also someone who will look out for your best interests, no matter who you choose. Good luck in your search!

Old 01-21-2008, 01:31 PM

80 posts, read 333,924 times
I am PMing you who we used, she was wonderful and incredibly helpful and mindful of all our requirements.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:09 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,824,279 times
If you are members of USAA, you might go through them using their Mover's Advantage program. They will put you in touch with a realtor that is approved by them. We ended up with a great realtor. And we also got $500 from USAA for using their program.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:40 PM

9 posts, read 41,613 times
Default Relocating to SA in the Summer

Any recommendations on a good realtor? Looking to Lease a home near the Alamo Ranch Subdivision. Planning to buy/build a home in Alamo Ranch within the next couple years.

scooter3418 - Can you also send me the info on the realtor you used?

MUCH THANKS.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:07 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
PCS'd from Belgium, had a buddy at Randolph recommended a great realtor. The guy contacted us in advance, got a list of what both my wife and I were looking for, lined up some houses and on our second day in the TLF, we went out looking at them. We had the house we wanted before the morning was over. And he was with us during the signing and every step in between. He still drops by on occassion to see if everything is going well, and it has been over 2.5 years. He has also helped several of our USAF friends who also PCS'd here.

In all our moves and purchases, we've never had a better realtor. I will PM you his info if you are interested...

Cheers! M2

Old 01-22-2008, 08:26 AM

126 posts, read 362,890 times
My realtor was, meh. Just OK.
But I LOVED the guy that helped us with our home loan!! He was so nice and helpful and timely. so, when you decide to buy....

The name of the company is 'PrimeAxia' and the guys name is 'Jeff Wilson' the number is 210-775-6608.
Good luck to you.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:55 PM

874 posts, read 2,892,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadleyzoo View Post
If you are members of USAA, you might go through them using their Mover's Advantage program. They will put you in touch with a realtor that is approved by them. We ended up with a great realtor. And we also got $500 from USAA for using their program.
I second the suggestion of Mover's Advantage if you are a USAA member. We found a realtor here (when we THOUGHT we would be buying a house because we THOUGHT our house in Nebraska would sell in a reasonable amount of time - ugh!!!) who is wonderful. Very patient, listened to our needs, etc. We will go through her when our house finally sells and we are able to buy. And you will get a bit of money from the program - the amount depends on the purchase price.

I can PM you the info on the realtor if you are interested.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:34 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
I can tell you from firsthand experience that not all realtors through USAA's Mover's Advantage program are that great! When we left here in 2002, we got one to sell our house, and she made numerous mistakes--such as telling buyers that the curtains came with the house when we had no intention of leaving them--that ended up costing us a lot of money. I wrote a letter to USAA concerning my bad experience and never got a reply. When we moved back here in 2005 we skipped USAA altogether, instead going with a realtor recommended by a good friend. As I mentioned in my earlier post, we have never had a better realtor than Michael Rosen.

Cheers! M2

Old 01-23-2008, 10:01 PM

52 posts, read 165,479 times
I know of an awesome realtor. Lorraine Zavala. She stuck it out with my family and their incessant demands lol and she got them a great deal. She was referred to them through a friend of theirs whom she had also helped get them a phenomenal deal on their house. If you are interested give her a call 210-852-9913. Tell her Anna said hi! Good luck and welcome to San Antonio!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio