Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 05:51 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXEX06 View Post
I know better, and Monte Vista has many beautiful homes. They aren't the huge mansions of River Oaks, but they are great homes no matter what city they are located in.
oh I am not saying they are not nice homes, neighbors on the other hand need to make sure the ENTIRE hood is kept nice.

The neighborhood you mentioned, river oaks, you won't see one nice house next to a dump. You won't see one lawn well manicured while the one next door is filled with weeds.

I don't know, but the neighborhood association needs to get on the ball and make everyone keep up the homes.

Do you need me to post the picture I took of people using bath tubs and toilets as planters in Monte vista? I have a nice shot of one on West Kings Highway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 05:54 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,122,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Do you need me to post the picture I took of people using bath tubs and toilets as planters in Monte vista? I have a nice shot of one on West Kings Highway
That's some folks way of recycling/using a planting pot. For some, it may be tacky, some it's a creative way or reusing old materials.

Old 07-09-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
That's some folks way of recycling/using a planting pot. For some, it may be tacky, some it's a creative way or reusing old materials.
well if I was a mean old lady I would have them remove it. No wonder housing in SA is cheap. The values never go up.

How on earth are thy going to go up if my neighbour has yucca pouring out of a toilet bowl.

There is a bathtub near san pedro that has nice plumerias growing in it though

Old 07-10-2010, 06:52 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,122,320 times
Quote:
well if I was a mean old lady I would have them remove it. No wonder housing in SA is cheap. The values never go up.

How on earth are thy going to go up if my neighbour has yucca pouring out of a toilet bowl.

There is a bathtub near san pedro that has nice plumerias growing in it though
There are neighborhoods that have HOAs that would consider it a no-no. Some HOAs are stricter than others and some have no HOA at all. Seems like the neighborhood doesn't have one or has a voluntary one. I don't mind the toilet plant, it's their yard to do as they wish but that's for the Real Estate forum!

Old 07-10-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
There are neighborhoods that have HOAs that would consider it a no-no. Some HOAs are stricter than others and some have no HOA at all. Seems like the neighborhood doesn't have one or has a voluntary one. I don't mind the toilet plant, it's their yard to do as they wish but that's for the Real Estate forum!
does Alamo Heights not have an HOA that is strict? cause I have seen some kooky things over there too.

I think SAans are just set in their ways and won't change

Old 07-10-2010, 10:39 AM

51 posts, read 92,971 times
Quote:
You do understand MV is a defined district with boundaries, correct?

http://www.montevista-sa.org/images/map_mv_district.gif

I'd love for you to post the picture of the home within Monte Vista on W Kings Hwy that has a bathtub in the front used as a planter. Something I'm pretty dang sure MV wouldn't allow.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Housing values are just as cheap in Houston.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metromansa View Post
Housing values are just as cheap in Houston.
yes, because we have lots of cheap labor, cheap material that come in from the port of Houston, lack of zoning which causes artificial inflation of home value, and lots of progressives with a build build build attitude.

SA doesn't build as much, and even though the population is increasing phenomenally the property values stay the same. something must be wrong.

toilets on crappy lawns in what is supposed to be nice hoods are keeping prices down

Old 07-10-2010, 10:51 AM

Quote:
yes, because we have lots of cheap labor, cheap material that come in from the port of Houston, lack of zoning which causes artificial inflation of home value, and lots of progressives with a build build build attitude.
Dallas has cheap housing as well.

Pretty much all of Texas, and no, it's not for the reasons you listed above, it's because Texas is a big big state with more than enough undeveloped land that can be developed and enough resources so they can be developed.

Quote:
SA doesn't build as much, and even though the population is increasing phenomenally the property values stay the same. something must be wrong.
SA doesn't build enough? LOL ok, sure.

Quote:
toilets on crappy lawns in what is supposed to be nice hoods are keeping prices down
So you can or can't post the picture that clearly shows a toilet bowl planter in front of a house in Monte Vista on W Kings Hwy?

BTW, I'd love for you to compare the price of an average MV home from 2000 to today and tell me the price didn't increase. lol

Old 07-10-2010, 11:03 AM

Heck, not even 2000, 2005 would suffice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio