Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 04:30 AM

61,709 posts, read 87,101,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Is it very common in San Antonio for people to steal laundry from apt. complex laundry rooms? This has happened twice and the second time they got an entire dryer full which is essentially all I brought with me when I moved. I'm kind of baffled as to why anyone would do this.

Has anyone else had their laundry stolen? Is this theft covered under renter's insurance, btw? I'm gonna call tomorrow but this is really ridiculous.
I am sure it's happening pretty much everywhere, not only in San Antonio. https://goo.gl/1ZomLg
Why would you leave your laundry in the washer/dryer unattended? What most likely happened, the dryer ended the cycle, and someone unloaded it and put in their own stuff to dry, then left. Someone else entered the laundry room, saw your laundry on the table and stole it.
Blame only yourself.
You might be able to make a claim against your renter's insurance if you have it. Review your policy and your deductible.
http://www.insweb.com/renters-insurance/FAQ.html
Talk to the apartment manager and find out if there are any surveillance cameras.

Last edited by elnina; 06-28-2015 at 04:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 05:02 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,029,805 times
Living in dorms, there were creepos stealing girls' thongs & g-strings. Wouldn't surprise me if that behavior can occur in apartment laundry rooms, as well. Easy fix: wash your laundry in your own place or at the place of someone you trust.

Old 06-28-2015, 05:04 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,029,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Did you check the other machines? Sometimes people will take your stuff out of the dryer and dump it in an empty washer so they can use your dryer time.

This is a pretty common thing though and the only way to prevent it is to sit there until your laundry is done. Sometimes the regular Laundromat is more comfortable to sit at than the ones in apartment complexes.
Take it out of the dryer & into a washer?! Wouldn't that get it wet again & you'd need to dry it all over again?!

Old 06-28-2015, 05:16 AM

61,709 posts, read 87,101,195 times
^^^ Nah... to wash it again, they would have pay for it first...

Old 06-28-2015, 05:22 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
If you are one of those people who always leaves their done laundry in a machine tying it up for hours, maybe someone got disgusted and just took your laundry out and put it in the dumpster.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:23 PM

733 posts, read 1,047,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingdownthestreet View Post
Move to the southside. No crime anywhere else is a poor place to live. Plus we have affordable rent and affordable food
bwhahah no.

south side is ghetto. G H E T T O.

get a portable washing machine and a second shower rod. mount the second shower rod about 6" above the current one and about halfway into your tub area.

get oscillating fan. hang laundry up on second (and primary) shower rod, turn oscillating fan on high, open bathroom window/door. wait 2-3 hours, depending on how hot it in there. presto, laundry done.

FWIW i own a panda 11lb portable washing machine, bought new off amazon over a year ago. i had an issue with the pump and calcium build up(caused the pump impeller to seize). used some CLR, 1 day later washing machine is back in action. i do a SLOW load (like, take the entire day to drain one full tub of water out of there) once a month to keep the calcium build up non-existent.

the panda washing machines come with a nifty quick-release hose also, so you dont have to screw/unscrew everytime you want to do a load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
If you are one of those people who always leaves their done laundry in a machine tying it up for hours, maybe someone got disgusted and just took your laundry out and put it in the dumpster.

i hope someone has done this to you, because it sounds like youve done this to someone before >.>

Old 06-29-2015, 01:09 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,391,187 times
Default Southside,

Southside ain't a GHETTO. Travel. To a true ghetto , and you will, would, be enlightened very quickly on how misplaced your usage of this word is.
I wished all the the people misusing this word here could magically be transported into the middle of a real, true, Ghetto for only five minutes, a mere five minutes around 2:00 A.M. and then returned here. It would be educational and an experience you'd never, er' forget. You could all huddle together .
If you are using a portable washer ( Panda) nifty or not, you've financial issues of your own I would think. Hopefully a college student.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KM1174 View Post
bwhahah no.

get a portable washing machine and a second shower rod. mount the second shower rod about 6" above the current one and about halfway into your tub area.

get oscillating fan. hang laundry up on second (and primary) shower rod, turn oscillating fan on high, open bathroom window/door. wait 2-3 hours, depending on how hot it in there. presto, laundry done.

FWIW i own a panda 11lb portable washing machine, bought new off amazon over a year ago. i had an issue with the pump and calcium build up(caused the pump impeller to seize). used some CLR, 1 day later washing machine is back in action. i do a SLOW load (like, take the entire day to drain one full tub of water out of there) once a month to keep the calcium build up non-existent.

the panda washing machines come with a nifty quick-release hose also, so you dont have to screw/unscrew everytime you want to do a load.

i hope someone has done this to you, because it sounds like youve done this to someone before >.>

Old 06-29-2015, 01:15 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSonner View Post
Is it very common in San Antonio for people to steal laundry from apt. complex laundry rooms? This has happened twice and the second time they got an entire dryer full which is essentially all I brought with me when I moved. I'm kind of baffled as to why anyone would do this.

Has anyone else had their laundry stolen? Is this theft covered under renter's insurance, btw? I'm gonna call tomorrow but this is really ridiculous.
Not sure why this is baffling; there's a reason why this is happening, and it's because you left your clothes there unattended. Get some personal responsibility please.

Last edited by convextech; 06-29-2015 at 01:25 PM..

Old 06-29-2015, 03:55 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KM1174 View Post
bwhahah no.

What an ignorant conclusion on your part.

According to you, I guess that means everyone here who assumes their clothes were stolen think that because they have stolen clothes themselves.

When I was in my 20's I lived in a complex for a few years and I can tell you I got very tired of making multiple trips to the laundry room only to find the same clothes tying up washers and dryers for hours on end.

A few times as a last resort I removed the clothes and put them on the folding table so I could get my own laundry done. However, most of the time, I would wait until another day out of fear of some kind of retaliation against my clothes.

If you can't remember you have a load of clothes in the washer or dryer how hard is it to set a timer to remind you?

And, if you are so inconsiderate of others that you deliberately leave your laundry unattended for hours you have no room to complain if something happens to it. Just remember this......someone just as inconsiderate as you dealt with your laundry for you.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:40 PM

366 posts, read 494,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I am sure it's happening pretty much everywhere, not only in San Antonio. https://goo.gl/1ZomLg
Why would you leave your laundry in the washer/dryer unattended? What most likely happened, the dryer ended the cycle, and someone unloaded it and put in their own stuff to dry, then left. Someone else entered the laundry room, saw your laundry on the table and stole it.
Blame only yourself.
You might be able to make a claim against your renter's insurance if you have it. Review your policy and your deductible.
Renters Insurance FAQ
Talk to the apartment manager and find out if there are any surveillance cameras.
Blame only myself for being the victim of a crime? I guess when girls get raped it's their own fault for wearing short skirts or when a guy pushed his way into my 80 yr old grandmother's apartment it was her fault for answering the door? What is this blame the victim stuff?

The person to blame is the criminal who stole the stuff. I take high offense at the idea that I'm the "only" person to blame when I didn't break any laws and the other person did.

Blame "only" myself. Pfft!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: