Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 07:46 PM

861 posts, read 864,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought it only becomes record once judgment at court has been passed. It wouldn't make sense to immediately put it on someone's record before they have the chance to fight it in court.
That is correct. You are only accused of a crime until you have your day in court or make a plea.

OP has plenty of time to comply with the DD requirements if you chooses to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 08:17 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,498,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KM1174 View Post
LOL no it wont, my insurance only went up after i dinged a few retards making illegal turns (turning from right lane to far left lane is ILLEGAL.. so many people dont know this).

before that, i had more tickets than ill admit too and my insurance never went up. granted, they were all minor moving violations and not speeding or anything stupid.

I rest my case.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:34 AM

6,705 posts, read 8,770,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSmith From San Antone View Post
If you don't fight in in court and choose a class then it becomes a public record that you pled guilty. Yes, you can plead guilty to a traffic ticket and do it by opting for the DD class.
Well yeah, that part I knew.

The question I was asking is (and Cuero already answered it) is that is the ticket on your record BEFORE the court date that you show up and fight it or not.

Old 07-16-2015, 03:51 PM

733 posts, read 1,046,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
I rest my case.
no, you dont. my insurance never went up due to traffic tickets. hell it didnt go up on my first accident. only after my second did my insurance go up, and this was after multiple tickets and an accident! not only that, it only went up 15 bucks for full coverage!

yeah, i guess you DONT rest your case LOL.

Old 07-16-2015, 04:44 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,437,137 times
Your anecdotal evidence doesn't apply to everyone or every insurance company...

Old 07-16-2015, 06:17 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,498,002 times
Quote:
no, you dont. my insurance never went up due to traffic tickets. hell it didnt go up on my first accident. only after my second did my insurance go up, and this was after multiple tickets and an accident! not only that, it only went up 15 bucks for full coverage!

Yes, yes I did.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:53 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,388,061 times
Default Same Here,

I had the same experience with my insurance. If they don't look for traffic violations they won't even know one has gotten a ticket. The ins. office receptionist told me this. My ins. Rates never went up for a single violation.
Whatever you do don't tell your insurer that you've received any traffic ticket.
Quote:

Old 07-18-2015, 10:31 AM

733 posts, read 1,046,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
I had the same experience with my insurance. If they don't look for traffic violations they won't even know one has gotten a ticket. The ins. office receptionist told me this. My ins. Rates never went up for a single violation.
Whatever you do don't tell your insurer that you've received any traffic ticket.
most people dont know that insurers only go on whats reported to them, like accidents n whatnot. traffic tickets arent in that category unless you are going through some hole-in-the-wall insurance place that looks shady as hell.

geico, state farm, USAA, none of them actively scan for traffic tickets. source? i know people that work in the processing departments for each. anecdotal sure, but its from teh horses mouth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: