Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 06:18 AM

4,307 posts, read 9,556,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello13685 View Post
Yes, I'm thinking fountains more like the first and third ones. Where is that third one? It's not very attractive in design, but it has an area around it where people COULD congregate. In other cities, people congregate around fountains. All of your pictures are absent any people whatsoever. It reminds me of my posting a long time ago asking for pictures of hip shopping districts, and another member posted pictures of Southtown, and of course there was not a single human being in any of these pictures. It's this lack that gives the impression of SA as being kind of a dead place. Where are the people? Not just for a specific festival or event, but on any normal weekend or evening?
The 3rd one is also at HemisFair Park. I usually see people around it as I'm walking by, same with the other fountains at HemisFair and at Main Plaza (two areas closest to me so we go frequently). I agree, though, I'd love to see more fountains.

There are also fountains at Chris Park.

I'm impressed the photographer could manage to not have people in the photos, as it's rare to not have people there. Same with Southtown except on Sunday, when the shops and most of the restaurants are closed. Then it is very quiet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 06:50 AM

734 posts, read 3,016,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly25:17 View Post
A police department and sheriff's department that actually do their job.

An NFL team
I think our new (fairly new) Chief of Police is doing a great job. He's no Sheriff Joe -but he's really trying.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:01 PM

109 posts, read 249,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmommy View Post
1, just for fun..Orange julius
2, even more fun...In and Out burgers
3, My beloved Trader Joes.

I know that OJ and TJ's have been mentioned, but I had to do it again

And for the impossible dream, Cooler summers and more walking hiking parks. I can't do all the hiking and walking in the HOT weather, so it has to be both
Here is a recipe for Orange Julius. Got it on top secret recipes.com

Top Secret Recipes

I leave out the egg

Steve

Old 10-02-2008, 07:42 PM

45 posts, read 99,330 times
A real downtown not geared towards tourists.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:24 AM

126 posts, read 362,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettblack View Post
here is a recipe for orange julius. Got it on top secret recipes.com

top secret recipes

i leave out the egg

steve
cool

Old 10-03-2008, 08:12 AM

2,743 posts, read 14,295,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweej View Post
If it makes you feel any better, FF, it was 102 degrees today in SoCal . And my air conditioner is running right now. At 10:03 p.m. I always tell myself it's better than shoveling snow for 4 months out of the year...
Well yesterday it was supposed to be 91 I think but every time/temp sign I saw while driving (in my van that has no AC currently) said 97. I have found that personally, whether it is 90 or 100 makes no difference to me. I'm equally miserable. It has to be under 85 really for me to be happy.

I think I'd like to try the snow option.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:34 PM

54 posts, read 69,699 times
Quote:
If it makes you feel any better, FF, it was 102 degrees today in SoCal . And my air conditioner is running right now. At 10:03 p.m. I always tell myself it's better than shoveling snow for 4 months out of the year...
Sorry, dweej, but 102 in SoCal and 102 in SA are not the same. SoCal doesn't have the same humidity. I'm always amused when everyone around me is so "hot" and it's in the mid-80's.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:01 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,583,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunetteBeauty View Post
Sorry, dweej, but 102 in SoCal and 102 in SA are not the same. SoCal doesn't have the same humidity. I'm always amused when everyone around me is so "hot" and it's in the mid-80's.
I guess no matter what, we'll always find a way to dislike our weather. Everyone talks about not liking humidity when they're living with it (heck, I did the same thing!) but now that I live in an amazingly dry climate (inland socal), we complain because our skin is so dry and our lips are cracking because of the hot, dry santa ana winds. And don't forget the fires that just love love love the dry gound and air. Yippeee!

I'd be interested in some snow too, FF, but really, I'd be happy with just a little rain!

Old 10-03-2008, 03:38 PM

54 posts, read 69,699 times
Quote:
I guess no matter what, we'll always find a way to dislike our weather. Everyone talks about not liking humidity when they're living with it (heck, I did the same thing!) but now that I live in an amazingly dry climate (inland socal), we complain because our skin is so dry and our lips are cracking because of the hot, dry santa ana winds. And don't forget the fires that just love love love the dry gound and air. Yippeee!

I'd be interested in some snow too, FF, but really, I'd be happy with just a little rain!
It's about that time of year again, too!

Old 10-03-2008, 05:08 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,583,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunetteBeauty View Post
It's about that time of year again, too!
Yes....October is so scary! The pics I took last year from my patio are unreal, but luckily we live "in town" so we're not in too much actual danger. That doesn't stop me from hyperventilating, though!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio