Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2010, 03:46 AM

76 posts, read 70,043 times

Advertisements

....people with bodies that actually look good with their shirts off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 07:30 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,780,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyandSingle View Post
Sexyandsingle? So you're not actually sexy or single, huh?

Your post quality continues to shoot up.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:37 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,405,752 times
What San Antonio is missing really can't be built. I can't even put my finger on what it is...but it's something. Why do I go to Austin and feel like it's a bigger "city" than San Antonio? I have no idea...but that's the closest I can get to a description!

Old 05-11-2010, 09:18 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,207,973 times
Quote:

.......people who are happy with what they have and DO NOT worry about others.

Once you put yourself first and stop worrying about things you have no control over life is sooooo much better.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:40 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,405,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamillaB View Post
Wealthy and educated don't necessarily go together. I have lived in the "wealthy" sections of SA for almost ten years now and people here are just as lazy and rude as anyone I met in the Bronx, NYC. Sometimes I find that the air of entitlement some wealthy people have hurts their ability to be gracious and have manners. They seem to think that they come first and everyone else is just a peon there to grovel or clean up after them. Can't tell you how many rich folks are too uneducated and careless to put their shopping carts in a corral after using them. Or who drive their big cars recklessly through parking lots, or who barrel through red lights or stop signs, or leave trash around and flick their cigarettes out their truck windows.

Let's not pretend that the wealthy are always educated or that the poor are always uneducated. I have seen jobs in SA being offered to those with B.A.'s and paying $10 an hour.

I knew a girl in NY who had a Master's degree and worked in a deli. Things aren't always what they seem at first glance.
I agree with all of what you said with the exception of the words I put in bold. Many people who do that are mommies that do not want to leave their kids in the car to walk to the corral--sometimes it's just too far. If it's right there, a couple of cars away, I will run to do it, but if not, then H-E-B is S-O-L. Of course, if hubby is with me, no prob!

Old 05-11-2010, 11:15 AM

18,132 posts, read 25,282,316 times
Quote:
I have lower standards:
"People with bodies that look good with anything on"

Old 05-11-2010, 12:19 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,046,678 times
Oh wow then my standards are waaaayyy off....
"People with bodies that look good with nothing on".

Who needs clothes?

San Antonio needs a giant indoor miniature golf place like they had in California when I was a yunsta'.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:49 PM

18,132 posts, read 25,282,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
Oh wow then my standards are waaaayyy off....
"People with bodies that look good with nothing on".

Who needs clothes?
Go to Splashtown and I'll give $10 for every person that meets that criteria in 1 day.
But you have to give me $1 for every person that doesn't

Old 05-11-2010, 10:36 PM

258 posts, read 637,869 times
Good Mexican food

Old 05-11-2010, 11:19 PM

76 posts, read 70,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Go to Splashtown and I'll give $10 for every person that meets that criteria in 1 day.
But you have to give me $1 for every person that doesn't
Im sure the only ones with the nice bodies are the ones in the Armed Forces.

Im sure this has been bought up somewhere on this thread already...but I say they are missing high-rises here.

Highrises seem to give me optimism. Its like you just know at any second, those buildings are going to rain down dollar bills. I feel that way in New York, Miami, and even Houston.

San Antonio needs to get with the program! 2 story Alamo buildings went out long time ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio