Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 03:08 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,616,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
LindaGrace:

Think of how much it would help that mall if Target would open up, allowing people to walk between the two without having to go outside.
That would be awesome. I wonder if it would be feasible, even physically. I don't know how the two pieces fit together!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 04:52 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,875,771 times
They had a pet adoption event going on there today. Very cute dogs.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:43 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,861,079 times
I'm not sure if "failed" is the right term. But it's certainly a "dead" mall. Once thriving, until it's major anchor Montgomery Wards closed, like so many other dead malls across the country.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:04 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,543,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I'm not sure if "failed" is the right term. But it's certainly a "dead" mall. Once thriving, until it's major anchor Montgomery Wards closed, like so many other dead malls across the country.
So true! That's what happened to the former Greenville Mall in my current home town. There were plans to put a "town center" type upscale shopping venue there, but then things tanked about 2008....

Old 01-15-2011, 10:23 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,474,591 times
It's starting to remind me of the former Windsor Park Mall. The place seems to be mostly used for conferences and job fairs.

Old 01-16-2011, 01:11 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,985,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
If not "failed," "failing" is appropriate...

Out of curiosity, we went by Wonderland Mall this afternoon. I can honestly say that outside of the people working there, we may not have seen another two dozen folks there. It is a ghost town, albeit a nice one! They've done a nice job of cleaning the place up, and it's a shame it is so deserted but that's the unpleasant reality.

I suspect to attract businesses they lowered their lease rates, but instead of bringing in desired shops it brought in flea market vendors. The one end closest to 410 is reminiscent of an Afghan or Mexican bazaar, and it just doesn't work to bring life to the place.

On the up side, they did allow two model train hobby groups set up displays in two vacant spaces. My youngest is a train nut, so he really enjoyed those, but if the mall doesn't survive neither will these displays.

Unless Wonderland does something quick, it will fail. Just a few miles away, NorthStar is thriving, and there's just nothing to attract anyone to Wonderland that we saw.

Cheers! M2

Old 02-01-2011, 11:28 PM

22 posts, read 52,162 times
Default Great mall

They have added a Cowtown Boot store and are remodeling downstairs so it is not a failed mall by any sense. The main thing they need to do is add a pizza place or another eatery.

The mall is always clean however with the construction it has been a little cooler than most of us prefer it to be. I feel very safe in this mall there is one young security officer who is very polite and helpful.

Having an entry to Target would certainly be a plus. Overall the mall is nice as it does not have the busyness of North Star and is certainly cleaner and safer than Ingram Mall.

They do NEED to change the street name back to Wonderland Blvd.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:33 AM

948 posts, read 1,841,926 times
I love the bijou theater...it's probably my favorite place to watch a movie here.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:56 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,733,223 times
Hopefully, Wonderland will never end up on this site...

deadmalls DOT com

Old 02-06-2011, 02:32 AM

22 posts, read 52,162 times
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
Hopefully, Wonderland will never end up on this site...

deadmalls DOT com

I agree I hope it doesn't its the only mall that people can really relax and enjoy being in. Can't wait for the summer concerts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio