Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 02:18 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoycottBalconesHeights View Post
With aprox. 60 people a day getting mailed $75.00 traffic tickets, the mall will continue to die along with every other business located in the area. Their automated ticket giving devices are killing the area.

The only way the city will learn is by losing revenue. It's the same philosophy they are hiding behind to rip-off hard working people who patronize their city which clearly doesn't work. Simply look at their dying mall and the numerous for lease signs.

Since I unjustly received my ticket many months ago, I have been boycotting every business in Balcones Heights.

I no longer go to the Bijou Theater, Simi's India Cuisine, Grady's BBQ, Super Target, Burlington Coat Factory, Stein Mart, Hobby Lobby, Grady's, Babe's Hamburger. A&B Hearing lost a customer as well. I no longer buy gas at the Shell Station at Hillcrest & Babcock. It's just as easy to shop and eat elsewhere. I simply turn right instead of left when I leave work.

So what they have gained on the front end in unjustly fining me, has cost their local community and economy on the back end.

Hey..here's a thumbs up to Balcones Heights....up their deirere (butt)!

I doubt the traffic cameras is killing the area in terms of business as the area always has heavy traffic.

I do agree with you that the traffic cameras are unjust and rather annoying. Balcones Heights PD needs to pay for those nice dodge chargers somehow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 02:53 AM

22 posts, read 52,168 times
I have been attending the shows on Fridays they have been great!! They sponsered a car show, a lot of people and super looking cars. Entertainment was ongoing the marketplace was busy. Still need for more places to eat or for the chinese place to get better staff.
Otherwise the mall is looking better. And I agree I am sure some people do stay away due to the number of people getting tickets, I got one not too long ago but I was in the wrong.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:31 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,434,187 times
Did they open their flea market already??

Old 10-05-2010, 01:19 PM

22 posts, read 52,168 times
Yes and the mall looks good except that the restrooms need to be checked more often by someone who will clean them instead of just walking in and out of them.

Went to the outdoor concerts last month they were super.

Old 10-05-2010, 02:45 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoycottBalconesHeights View Post
With aprox. 60 people a day getting mailed $75.00 traffic tickets, the mall will continue to die along with every other business located in the area. Their automated ticket giving devices are killing the area.

The only way the city will learn is by losing revenue. It's the same philosophy they are hiding behind to rip-off hard working people who patronize their city which clearly doesn't work. Simply look at their dying mall and the numerous for lease signs.

Since I unjustly received my ticket many months ago, I have been boycotting every business in Balcones Heights.

I no longer go to the Bijou Theater, Simi's India Cuisine, Grady's BBQ, Super Target, Burlington Coat Factory, Stein Mart, Hobby Lobby, Grady's, Babe's Hamburger. A&B Hearing lost a customer as well. I no longer buy gas at the Shell Station at Hillcrest & Babcock. It's just as easy to shop and eat elsewhere. I simply turn right instead of left when I leave work.

So what they have gained on the front end in unjustly fining me, has cost their local community and economy on the back end.

Hey..here's a thumbs up to Balcones Heights....up their deirere (butt)!
I agree with you and also avoid those businesses since there are plenty of other places to shop in SA that don't gouge me in a moment when I might lose concentration when I make a rolling stop by accident.

Old 01-15-2011, 05:54 AM

311 posts, read 846,082 times
Question wonderland of America

I don't see any current threads on this place. I went there a few mos. back for a training session & it's the first time I've been there in my2 yrs. in S.A.
I see they have an "International Festival" there today from 11-3. What is this place? Anyone been there lately?

Old 01-15-2011, 06:46 AM

796 posts, read 1,843,602 times
I go there for trainings and meetings as well. Someone told me it's a failed mall. Anyway, the festivals there are pretty good. I went to a few during the summer and had a nice time.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:15 AM

2,260 posts, read 5,617,303 times
It's a mall. I wouldn't call it a "failed mall" at all - there are plenty of bustling stores....they just aren't your Macy's-type stores.

There's a Steinmart that is fabulous, a Hobby Lobby, and lots of small, indie stores. There's a great theater there, the Bijou - it's the kind with tables and a full-service menu and a bar. There's a Target there, too, but the Target is "adjacent" - doesn't open into the mall.

Oh, there's also a conference center on the first floor.

I guess if you're expecting the indoor version of La Cantera, you'd consider it a "failed" mall.

ETA: I hit that mall about once a week, so I'm there all the time, at all times of day.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:11 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
It's a mall. I wouldn't call it a "failed mall" at all - there are plenty of bustling stores....they just aren't your Macy's-type stores.

There's a Steinmart that is fabulous, a Hobby Lobby, and lots of small, indie stores. There's a great theater there, the Bijou - it's the kind with tables and a full-service menu and a bar. There's a Target there, too, but the Target is "adjacent" - doesn't open into the mall.

Oh, there's also a conference center on the first floor.

I guess if you're expecting the indoor version of La Cantera, you'd consider it a "failed" mall.

ETA: I hit that mall about once a week, so I'm there all the time, at all times of day.
LindaGrace:

Think of how much it would help that mall if Target would open up, allowing people to walk between the two without having to go outside.

Kinda like the old westlakes mall and target was.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:33 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,877,109 times
It is more indoor business park than mall at this stage. It still has some 'mall' things to it but is far from actually being one still. All you might want to know about it can be read in the following links but paying a visit to it will show it for what it is.

Owners look to bring the wonder back to Wonderland mall site | San Antonio Business Journal

Reddito adding healing touch to Wonderland | San Antonio Business Journal

Wonderland mall debuts small-business incubator | San Antonio Business Journal

Wonderland signs new leases in venerable San Antonio mall | San Antonio Business Journal

Leases complement future vision for Wonderland Mall | San Antonio Business Journal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio