Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 05:35 PM

108 posts, read 118,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Ya know, I have YET to go and visit one, but guess I will know soon enough.
You should go and check it out. I don't know who they are targeting but they have a huge selection of stuff. I am talking about the one on Marbach. It is more like Home Depot for groceries. Last time I was there I bought Cat food and Marsh mellows. I was totally lost and had to ask where they were. I will probably get used to it eventually but I don't think it will ever replace HEB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 05:41 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,745,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredandRetired View Post
You should go and check it out. I don't know who they are targeting but they have a huge selection of stuff. I am talking about the one on Marbach. It is more like Home Depot for groceries. Last time I was there I bought Cat food and Marsh mellows. I was totally lost and had to ask where they were. I will probably get used to it eventually but I don't think it will ever replace HEB.
That Walmart seems to have more variety of groceries than the regular Walmart, but the produce is truly dismal, even worse than the produce at the bigger Walmart stores. The pharmacy is good though, no long lines like the one on Potranco.

I like the smaller store but it's really crowded sometimes and I hate feeling crowded. The aisles in the store are narrow and the parking lot seems like it's aisles are close together too.

Old 09-25-2015, 10:49 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,792,482 times
HEB is building several of the small Stop N Go type grocery stores. The first one is supposed to be on the corner of 151 and Potranco in the new shopping center they just broke ground on. They won't carry as broad of SKUs but they will have less KMart crap and more groceries.

Old 09-26-2015, 02:21 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,303,590 times
That is why I love the baby B Brook Hollow. (HEB on Brook Hollow and 281)

The Wal-Mart Market on Hunt lane is always a breeze to shop at, but does not carry nearly the selection as even the baby B.

I LOVE the Stone Oak Market HEB and hope that is what Alamo Ranch gets. It is central market and a HEB wrapped into one with no extra merchandise fuss. Love it....

Old 09-26-2015, 11:31 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,676,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
HEB is building several of the small Stop N Go type grocery stores. The first one is supposed to be on the corner of 151 and Potranco in the new shopping center they just broke ground on. They won't carry as broad of SKUs but they will have less KMart crap and more groceries.
That is good to know! I knew that store was going in but didnt know the details.

The Wal Mart Neighbood store at Military and Hunt is less than a mile away so that will still be my weekly store but it will be nice to know I dont have to go to the Potranco "Plus" or the hell that is Grissom/Tezel for my few HEB staples.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:58 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,389,112 times
I sure wish Wegman would move into Texas....they are AWESOME!!!!!!

Old 09-26-2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I sure wish Wegman would move into Texas....they are AWESOME!!!!!!
I agree! I would also love Publix to move in. HEB has made it so no one can move in. Only the behemoth WalMart can survive against them

Old 09-26-2015, 01:49 PM

432 posts, read 519,578 times
I miss the fried chicken at Publix

Old 09-26-2015, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve807 View Post
I miss the fried chicken at Publix
I left Florida in '87 and STILL miss everything about Publix.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:22 PM

522 posts, read 1,128,203 times
we went in the other day for the first time since we moved out of the area (moved a little more north, but this HEB used to be our usual shopping area)

it's looking like they're standardizing the layout of this HEB to be like the others i've been to. like others mentioned, milk in back is what i usually see at other HEBs. when i first moved to the area, that HEB had a bulk foods isle i loved... until they removed the whole isle to to make room for even more tortillas and bread. to be honest, that store to a step down after its previous remodel. after visiting this time (during all that construction) it appears they brought it back, so to me it's a step in the right direction.

HEB definitely is trying to be a super store which can be really annoying. i like HEB better than walmart any day for groceries, but it's definitely a hassle when more and more of the store is getting cluttered with non-grocery stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: