Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 04:35 PM

17 posts, read 13,186 times

Advertisements

I am interested in a home in Westover Hills. Anyone know if the area is good? The crime map gave it an F but I would rather hear straight from the source of people who live near that area. I am looking at a home right close to warren high school. Is it close to a lot of amenities and is it a place that would have good resale value? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2017, 06:11 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,932,190 times
I live just south of Seaworld. There's no more crime out here than any other area. The area is growing though and traffic is becoming an issue. You have new schools, new hospitals, new just about everything. TONS of restaurants, just about anything you want is out here, even Walmart, LOL!

Old 10-08-2017, 06:56 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,350,902 times
Yea I live 29 miles away, but commute to Westover Hills every day and there is hardly any crime that I can tell. I have never felt unsafe.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:01 PM

9,853 posts, read 13,704,520 times
Search. There are 410 threads with "Westover Hills" in them.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:42 PM

17 posts, read 13,186 times
Ugh I did try to search first, thanks, but I don’t have the time to search through 400 plus threads that are mostly from 2013 and 2014 with the words Westover Hills in them, just to find the one that could answer my question. Most are not even talking about housing or livability. It’s other off topic discussions.

Old 10-09-2017, 05:34 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,460,328 times
There is nothing at all wrong with the Westover Hills area except traffic, which is an issue everywhere these days. Very good schools AND reasales are hot as the military base of Lackland is close and brings constant PCS rotations into the area. I think you could do well there....

I agree with you, have NO idea why someone that lives in Austin and has not lived in SA for years feels the "expert to give advice" on things that do not pertain.....IF I was moving to Austin, TOTALLY different story, but Austin and SA are apples and Oranges (and those of us that BUY and OWN are different from renters in any market as well!) I LIVE here and things are changing all the time, and I would never try to give advice on an area (Austin) that I may continue to visit time to time....

Only recommendation I can give is IF you want more info, talk to someone that OWNS in that area....a good realtor can help you along, if you need a recommendation, feel free to DM me and I can put you in contact with a realtor that KNOW, SELLS, and is in the top 2% of those in SA (by AWARDS) that can help you. He has helped us with both local and Houston property sales, thru his connections......

Old 10-09-2017, 05:54 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,341,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
There is nothing at all wrong with the Westover Hills area except traffic, which is an issue everywhere these days. Very good schools AND reasales are hot as the military base of Lackland is close and brings constant PCS rotations into the area. I think you could do well there....

I agree with you, have NO idea why someone that lives in Austin and has not lived in SA for years feels the "expert to give advice" on things that do not pertain.....IF I was moving to Austin, TOTALLY different story, but Austin and SA are apples and Oranges (and those of us that BUY and OWN are different from renters in any market as well!) I LIVE here and things are changing all the time, and I would never try to give advice on an area (Austin) that I may continue to visit time to time....

Only recommendation I can give is IF you want more info, talk to someone that OWNS in that area....a good realtor can help you along, if you need a recommendation, feel free to DM me and I can put you in contact with a realtor that KNOW, SELLS, and is in the top 2% of those in SA (by AWARDS) that can help you. He has helped us with both local and Houston property sales, thru his connections......
I never understood why people chime in with their opinions on areas they've not lived in or haven't for a long time. Or those who prefer urban living commenting on suburban living, apples and oranges as you stated

Old 10-09-2017, 07:32 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,783,124 times
Westover Hills doesn't come to my mind because of the OP's $150K budget. Westover Hills homes appear more expensive than that to me, even around Warren HS.

Also, I don't see crime being a big issue in that area except the usual property thefts you see all over town.

Last edited by Azure110; 10-09-2017 at 07:49 AM..

Old 10-09-2017, 07:49 AM

4,437 posts, read 5,350,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
Westover Hills doesn't come to my mind because of the OP's $150K budget. Also, I don't see crime being a big issue in that area except the usual property thefts you see all over town.
I did not see that budget. You are 100% that you cannot buy into Westover Hills for that amount.

Old 10-09-2017, 07:54 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,783,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
I did not see that budget. You are 100% that you cannot buy into Westover Hills for that amount.
The OP may be going higher now but I had remembered the other thread where the OP asked about finding homes for around that amount.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio