Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 10:59 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrn970 View Post
I dont think he makes a fool out of all of us, just himself!
I also find it embarassing just like I would for anyone in front of people fumbling over himself, unable to string two words together that make sense.

I can't watch it, I just can't.
It might not make sense but I can't give much credence to the words of someone who can't speak any better then that.

Its alot easier to watch in the small bits the comedians put on their shows.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:10 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Any opinions? Positive or negative?
it was ridiculous of him to warn the senate to sign the stimulus bill quickly and not to put any earmarks on bills or else he would veto. what has he been doing all of thse past 7 years to stop runaway spending. he rarely, if ever used his veto power to curb frivolous spending fr the congress. then, he listed off a litany of projects and foreign aid that he wants to see done, all involving more taxpayer money, go figure. and of course, he just had to say nu-ku-ler one more time so as to prove the world that our prez is a backward hick. good riddance.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:49 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,315,946 times
NU-KU-LER.... how hilarious!

Old 01-29-2008, 12:58 AM

431 posts, read 929,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
I find it too embarrassing to watch him make a fool out of us all.
Sorry but your not in step with me. How does he make a fool of us? Cause hes not good at public speaking? To me Clinton made an even bigger fool of us back in his day. Not to mention all the crap he pulled on the military. Im glad i didn't join up till he was out of office.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:09 AM

927 posts, read 1,390,736 times
Default What don't you understand about dumb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSA View Post
Sorry but your not in step with me. How does he make a fool of us? Cause hes not good at public speaking? To me Clinton made an even bigger fool of us back in his day. Not to mention all the crap he pulled on the military. Im glad i didn't join up till he was out of office.
Let me try to clarify this issue so that even you can understand it. This president is a fool. He cannot think for himself. He cannot put two coherent sentences together in his mind so as to convey an idea without having it written out for him. He doesn't understand fundamental economic principles enough to make an intelligent comment about them. He doesn't know how to pronounce words that children know how to pronounce. He uses self-created words that make him sound like a moron like nukular, stragetery and the infamous decider word.

So how does this translate into viewers being made to look like fools when watching this president? Because if you watch this guy speak, or attempt to speak and somehow agree with what he says and how he says it then you must be a fool too. Or stupid or brainwashed or something similar. Clinton was practically an Einstein intellectually compared to this current buffoon.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:05 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
What were the odds of this thread ending up like this? I personally hang out up here to stay out of the muck I found in politics/conspiracy theories. I used to hang out there, but it all ends up like this thread...

Old 01-29-2008, 05:55 AM

2,438 posts, read 7,013,217 times
I have no interest in GWB and am glad this is his last year.. so I didnt watch it yesterday and from the looks of it.. a lot of other people didnt either.. So I have no comments on it... besides YAY one more year and we get a new prez!

Old 01-29-2008, 07:33 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
Let me try to clarify this issue so that even you can understand it. This president is a fool. He cannot think for himself. He cannot put two coherent sentences together in his mind so as to convey an idea without having it written out for him. He doesn't understand fundamental economic principles enough to make an intelligent comment about them. He doesn't know how to pronounce words that children know how to pronounce. He uses self-created words that make him sound like a moron like nukular, stragetery and the infamous decider word.

So how does this translate into viewers being made to look like fools when watching this president? Because if you watch this guy speak, or attempt to speak and somehow agree with what he says and how he says it then you must be a fool too. Or stupid or brainwashed or something similar. Clinton was practically an Einstein intellectually compared to this current buffoon.
So if you're not a good public speaker, you're a fool. Got it.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:47 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,116,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
NU-KU-LER.... how hilarious!
It doesn't drive me as nuts hearing it from W as it did hearing it from Jimmy Carter. Anyone remember what Jimmy Carter's duty was while he was in the Navy? Ol' Jimmy was a Nuclear Engineer. You'd think somewhere in JC's training they might have covered the pronunciation.

W gets a pass from me on this because AFAIK, his work has never brought him anywhere near a nucular, er, nuclear reactor.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:55 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,699,797 times
I hate to talk about politics with people, but I must agree with one thing. I can't wait for him to be out of office either. Just for the mere fact that I won't have to listen to people whine, bicker, and complain about the president anymore! Some people like him, some don't. Deal with it. I hate seeing people mock or degrade others because of their views- and that goes both ways, the lovers and the haters. Everyone is different and has different opinions, that's what makes the world spin. For some of you, let's not get all elementary school and call people names, or dumb, or stupid. I thought this board was made up of mature adults. Ok, now go ahead and complain about me.

PS, honestly, I am not a trouble maker...I am just sick of the negativity!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio