Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 06:18 AM

282 posts, read 341,388 times

Advertisements

Just curious but does anybody know the story behind a runner up in the Canyon Springs area who carries a large American flag when he runs? Guy looks like he's in his thirties, appears to be in good shape, and usually dressed neatly in dark blue top and running shorts. I guess I started seeing him, mostly on Canyon Golf near Champions Run and the Buckner Fanning School, around the 4th of July so I kind of dismissed it as just a statement of celebrating the 4th. Since then I've seen him running several times in the general area at all times of the day and throughout the week not just on weekends. Wednesday afternoon about 4 PM he was posing for pictures being taken by a single still photographer near Champions Run. In addition to the always present flag he had what appeared to be a good sized crucifix so I figured that somehow related to the Pope's visit. Other than that I've never seen him wth a sign or anything other than the flag that indicates he is making some kind of particular statement. I may have missed a newspaper article or television report on him so just wondering what might be the situation.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:32 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,234,112 times
Ive seen him running around the stone oak/canyon golf area for the past year. Have no clue his story, but I see him out alot.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:45 AM

1,361 posts, read 2,271,231 times
I read an article awhile back. I believe he is retired military. He carries the cross and flag to remind people of values he feels we are losing- love of country and faith. I tried to locate the article but can't find it. I've been seeing him around since July or earlier. I remember seeing him out when the temperatures went up in the 100s.

The article had a photo and it looked like a plain cross. I'm relatively sure his running is not related to anything but his own convictions- not specifically the 4th or the Pope's visit.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat4 View Post
I read an article awhile back. I believe he is retired military. He carries the cross and flag to remind people of values he feels we are losing- love of country and faith. I tried to locate the article but can't find it. I've been seeing him around since July or earlier. I remember seeing him out when the temperatures went up in the 100s.

The article had a photo and it looked like a plain cross. I'm relatively sure his running is not related to anything but his own convictions- not specifically the 4th or the Pope's visit.
I too did a search before I posted here. All I could find was a story about some guy who ran in a local marathon back in 2014 carrying a fairly large flag. Can't tell or know if it is the same fellow. I too saw him run on days when it was 100+ degrees and thought he was pretty tough. Not that it makes a difference but I hadn't noticed the cross until Wednesday.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:21 AM

6,705 posts, read 8,771,270 times
Must be this guy:

Quote:
Blessed.. Air Force Veteran from Dallas, Texas and now residing in San Antonio, Texas. Running with the Cross & American Flag in support of many things 1st and foremost I am running for Jesus as he leads my steps to bring back the faith in this country... This country was built and based on God and Freedom! I also do it in support of our veterans, law enforcement, and first responders they are the ones that keep us safe and protect us 24-7. God Bless America!
More here from his blog: http://www.rodeubanks.com/

Video link: https://youtu.be/rykiND5HRk8

Old 09-25-2015, 08:26 AM

I didn't notice the cross until I saw the photo honestly. I saw him not long ago when I was stopped at the McDonald's drive-thru and he was waiting for the light. With neither of us moving I could see the cross finally. I saw the article on a FB link for a moms group in Stone Oak. I tried to go through the page to find it but there's probably 10-20 posts a day so I gave up after searching back through August. I'll try again later today going back farther.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
Must be. Thanks. A little older than I thought but I've only seen him in passing while I was driving so it's not like I've seen him up close and personal. Even more remarkable considering the weather I've seen him running in and up and down those hills between Stone Oak and Wilderness Oak.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:32 AM

6,705 posts, read 8,771,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyk47 View Post
Must be. Thanks. A little older than I thought but I've only seen him in passing while I was driving so it's not like I've seen him up close and personal. Even more remarkable considering the weather I've seen him running in and up and down those hills between Stone Oak and Wilderness Oak.
Yeah, I wasn't sure since you said 30s and I was thinking this guy is older than 30s. Pretty cool thing he is doing.

He usually declines interviews as he said on his blog so it may be hard to find much info on him.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
Must be this guy:

More here from his blog: Rod Eubanks

Video link: https://youtu.be/rykiND5HRk8
Yes that's him. Thanks so much- I really really didn't want to keep going through mommy posts anymore.

He said he moved to SO in June so that's why everyone first noticed him running in the heat.

Old 09-25-2015, 10:25 AM

1,032 posts, read 874,236 times
Eh. He'd have more of my support if he didn't wrap the flag in all of his biblical proselytizing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio