U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2008, 02:29 PM

8 posts, read 15,988 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are thinking of moving down south and San Antonio sounds like the place for us nice and hooot!! We would appreciate any imput available from anyone.
We are looking for a friendly family oriented neighborhood being that we have 3 little ones 6, 3, and 4mos. We also would appreciate any information/recommendation on a good (preferably) catholic school. Suburbs are ok as long as they are not too far from the city, shopping and hospitals close by as well. We are thinking of driving down there soon to look around and decide where to live, so specific community/city names would be appreciated.
We would like a house with a big yard and are looking to spend around 300k give or take.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 04:12 PM

732 posts, read 3,445,930 times
I guess the first question I'd ask is where will you or your husband be working? That will directly influence the neighborhoods I'd suggest to you. You will want to factor commute time into the mix. That being said, there should be plenty of housing choices for you at that price. The cost of living here is relatively low and the home prices are quite reasonable.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:32 PM

11,544 posts, read 13,014,790 times
Where are you coming from?

Old 01-29-2008, 07:42 PM

3 posts, read 5,107 times
Red face Hi,

I would recommend you look at Boerne or New Braunsfels or Fair Oaks Ranch areas. San Antonio is heavily hispanic populated which makes our mexican food the best in Texas, the schools are over crowed and traffic is worse than you would think. Best wishes,

Old 01-29-2008, 08:18 PM

409 posts, read 1,477,730 times
Try Alamo Ranch if you are looking at the Sea World side of town! All price points and plenty of yard for your kiddos!

Old 01-29-2008, 09:34 PM

3,489 posts, read 18,753,793 times
Look at all those fine areas, but decide where you will be working and go from there. Also, it seems people have found it best to rent for a year and get a lay of the land and then buy.
The traffic can be bad: the price of growth, schools are filling faster than can be built: the price of growth, the best mexican food(TexMex really): the cause of outward growth in the middle and thighs.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:51 PM

3,823 posts, read 13,961,235 times
Here is an interactive map to locate Catholic schools in San Antonio:

Catholic Schools Office

Old 01-31-2008, 11:59 AM

8 posts, read 15,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Where are you coming from?
We are coming and not soon enough, from frigid Chicago

Old 01-31-2008, 03:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,880 times
My husband and I just moved from San Antonio to Colorado Springs and I am so homesick for my beautiful city. Anyway if you move to the far northwest side Huebner / Lockhill Selma area crime isn't bad, you'll be fairly close to the Medical center, new shopping areas like La Cantera, The Rim, Fiesta TX theme park, and Sea World. Antonion (Catholic) High School is close too, but don't know about Catholic school for young ones around that area. Warning - if you suffer from allergies to cedar or mold watch out - take your meds with you, this city is a breeding ground for them and San Antonio is very hot and humid, you will rarely need a jacket. Good Luck I hope you grow to love San Antonio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneli95 View Post
My husband and I are thinking of moving down south and San Antonio sounds like the place for us nice and hooot!! We would appreciate any imput available from anyone.
We are looking for a friendly family oriented neighborhood being that we have 3 little ones 6, 3, and 4mos. We also would appreciate any information/recommendation on a good (preferably) catholic school. Suburbs are ok as long as they are not too far from the city, shopping and hospitals close by as well. We are thinking of driving down there soon to look around and decide where to live, so specific community/city names would be appreciated.
We would like a house with a big yard and are looking to spend around 300k give or take.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:20 PM

2 posts, read 3,880 times
Smile reply to moving to san antonio

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneli95 View Post
We used to live in san antonio we moved from there to colorado springs in december of 07 we used to live in the medical center area, right near hospitals,shopping centers,family theme park six flags,also there is a catholic school off wurzbach rd and i-10 very nice area also san antonio is growing fast if you like there is also a brand new subdivision going up called alamo ranch it is a big community with shopping centers banks,4 new schools do not move south of san antonio, or the south east or the eastside because of high crime. even though they are building new subdivisions everywhere. i was born and raised in san antonio lived in san antonio till i was 44. if you have any questions e-mail me at [EMAIL="onespursfanatic@yahoo.com"]onespursfanatic@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]. ps the humidity is what hurts!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio