Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2015, 09:48 AM

366 posts, read 730,826 times

Advertisements

I have an upcoming convention to attend in a few weeks at this hotel. Most of the comments I've read about it have been bad. It's also my understanding that the convention center is not even in the hotel itself but under the parking lot. Has anyone had any experience with this particular hotel? Also, is there any place within walking distance of it and the riverwalk that would be a better place to stay (it's also been noted that this hotel is far away from the scenic areas). Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2015, 10:17 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,248,351 times
I use to work there when it was the Crown Plaza. Some of the meetings room are under the street, they are mainly the small ones. The parking garage it connected to the hotel by an underground walkway(where the meeting rooms are). While it is on the riverwalk, it is not at the horseshoe. Everything is with in walking distance, Its a very short walk to the tourist areas. The plus sides to this are it is very quiet.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:18 AM

201 posts, read 382,859 times
Can't tell you anything about that particular hotel. It used to be a Renaissance hotel and converted to Wyndham a couple years ago. It is an older property. The Embassy Suites Riverwalk, Hotel Valencia, Courtyard Marriott on St. Mary's, and the Sheraton Gunter are all within a 2-3 block radius. It's not in the mix of all the restaurants, but it is directly on the Riverwalk, so you can walk along the Riverwalk, rather than street level, to a lot of destinations. (Edit - from post above I guess it was a Crowne Plaza, not Renaissance).

Old 10-10-2015, 03:49 PM

6 posts, read 6,483 times
I've attended a conference there and stayed one night, and it was fine. It's not the Four Seasons by any means - if you want a "luxury" hotel then you'll need to check out other options. The room was nice enough considering all I did was sleep & get ready for the next day there. The hotel breakfast buffet in the morning was pretty good - lots of fresh foods, an omelet station, & most of all good coffee. I wish they had a better bar for post-dinner drinks - avoid mixed drinks and stick to wine or beer. The hotel is sort of on the outskirts of downtown..but definitely walkable to some busier areas such as Houston St. (around the Majestic Theater, with several great restaurants & bars), the Tobin Center area (Hotel Havana has a great restaurant in it), and is only a couple blocks from access to a quiet part of the river that you can follow for maybe a mile to get you into the heart of the touristy area.

The poster above summarized the meeting space well. It's easily accessible from the hotel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: