Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2015, 03:50 AM

884 posts, read 1,169,381 times

Advertisements

Hey all, my bf and I will be in town for a few days and I was hoping for advice on where to stay / where not to stay, I would hate to inadvertently book in a bad area (so basically where is the ghetto to avoid, lol). We live in the Ft worth area so we're driving our car down, so it doesn't have to be right downtown since we'll have a car although i do like to take advantage of public transit when I can.

Also any random pointers about what to do (I know there are touristy things, zoo, alamo stuff like that but I mean off the beaten path stuff) would be cool too...we'll only have like 3 days this time but since it's not super far away I'm sure we'll be making return trips to San Antonio and Austin (we wanted to check Austin out too but I also know three days isn't very long so in order not to be overwhelmed we are going to plan a real trip for a future date).

Thanks for your help/advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 07:43 AM

2,007 posts, read 2,896,131 times
on the riverwalk for sure. second choice downtown if you can't get on the riverwalk. go to the mcnay - gorgeous art museum and grounds, go to San Fernando cathedral, Mercado, Blue Star

Old 10-16-2015, 08:46 AM

905 posts, read 1,627,093 times
Jones Maltsberger and loop 410 area, since you have a car. From there you are 15 minutes from downtown plus that area is very central S.A. Their are several hotels in that area. Drury Inn. Holiday Inn Airport. Holiday Inn Express and some others. Try the Drury Inn

Old 10-16-2015, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksvillemom View Post
on the riverwalk for sure. second choice downtown if you can't get on the riverwalk. go to the mcnay - gorgeous art museum and grounds, go to San Fernando cathedral, Mercado, Blue Star

Clarksvillemom is right,

mcnay - gorgeous art museum and grounds, go to San Fernando cathedral, Mercado, Blue Star

Old 10-16-2015, 09:50 AM

4,430 posts, read 5,324,824 times
If you have kids try the Doseum The DoSeum | San Antonio's Museum for Kids

Wonder over to the Pearl Pearl Brewery

You can watch them make glass here Garcia Art Glass (Saturday mornings)

Another art museum https://www.samuseum.org/

While under a major expansion project this place is fun for kids http://www.wittemuseum.org/

This is really cool http://www.mainplaza.org/san-antoniothe-saga/

Old 10-16-2015, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
This is really cool San Antonio|The Saga

This is a really cool show!!! I thought it went away!!!!

Thanks rynetwo for this information....
Yes, this is a must..... It depicts Texas history and S.A. history.......

Old 10-18-2015, 08:50 PM

884 posts, read 1,169,381 times
Thanks so much for all the ideas everyone! I can't wait I can't wait to go back and do a real trip either!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: