Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 02:18 PM

6,705 posts, read 8,771,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
What's clear is that you are quite willing to conflate being homeless with being a sex offender. Surely you have some statistics to back up your claim that many, but not all, homeless panhandlers are sex offenders.

As for those who truly are sex offenders, I'd rather them be working in the kitchen at McDonald's than roaming the hallways of our public school system working as janitors, groundskeepers, or repairmen.
Ok, none of the homeless pan handlers are sex offenders. Hope that will make you happy.

And please show me where I said the school system, repairmen, or groundskeepers is a better work choice than McDonalds? You keep injecting examples that have nothing to do with my statements. In my opinion, none of thos places, including McDonald's are good choices for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2015, 09:02 PM

5,574 posts, read 6,498,880 times
To those who think there is nothing they can do when approached, I say sure there is, you put up your hand and say in a loud, stern voice "Go away! Go away......." until they turn around. I have used this when strange people walk up toward me in a mall parking lot with religious pamphlets as well. I don't want any stranger in my space. I give to charities through trusted and known organizations, and through my church. I do my part, I don't let it bother me when those who panhandle in any way, shape or form don't go through the proper channels.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by satruther View Post
Matthew 35 For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.'…
Knock off the guilt trip play. I am a Christian/Bible believing person and give to the above via proper channels. Those who are truly in need can get help via the same proper channels.

Old 10-29-2015, 02:24 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,158,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
And please show me where I said the school system, repairmen, or groundskeepers is a better work choice than McDonalds?
You didn't say that, nor did I imply that you did. You seemed concerned that a sex offender could be exposed to minors in the workplace, so I included that remark to show that there are workplaces where a sex offender could be exposed to many more minors with far less supervision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
In my opinion, none of thos places, including McDonald's are good choices for them.
What constitutes a good choice of employment for any particular sex offender is a combination of what kind of work they are able to do, and who is willing to hire them. McDonald's may be the best choice for someone who has little or no skills or experience.

Old 10-29-2015, 09:12 PM

443 posts, read 954,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Knock off the guilt trip play. I am a Christian/Bible believing person and give to the above via proper channels. Those who are truly in need can get help via the same proper channels.

I think this is what you are looking for:

II Thess 3:10

For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

Old 10-30-2015, 10:32 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,919,546 times
It is Jesus/God's intention that believers have the tutelage of the Holy Spirit He provided His believers, so one can know from God's point of view what a person needs . It's called obedience and that is what His Lordship is all about.
If you don't know His Lordship in your life ,via the Holy Spirit , your missing out on a terrific advantage the relationship God intended.
God shows me whom to help and how, from His perspective not mine .
Even if a person does not ask me out right , if their heart is truly toward God and desperate for His intervention , and I am listening and obedient to God ,these things do come together, with strangers that neither of us are acquainted, save God made the connection. .
God directed works matter to Him, and to those that call on His name .
Sadly there are few that choose to be available to God , to listen and be there for others in their hour of need. These are the ones too that miss out on blessings from God for being obedient.

Old 10-31-2015, 11:09 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,192,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
It is Jesus/God's intention that believers have the tutelage of the Holy Spirit He provided His believers, so one can know from God's point of view what a person needs . It's called obedience and that is what His Lordship is all about.
If you don't know His Lordship in your life ,via the Holy Spirit , your missing out on a terrific advantage the relationship God intended.
God shows me whom to help and how, from His perspective not mine .
Even if a person does not ask me out right , if their heart is truly toward God and desperate for His intervention , and I am listening and obedient to God ,these things do come together, with strangers that neither of us are acquainted, save God made the connection. .
God directed works matter to Him, and to those that call on His name .
Sadly there are few that choose to be available to God , to listen and be there for others in their hour of need. These are the ones too that miss out on blessings from God for being obedient.

II Thessalonians 3:10

Old 11-02-2015, 07:25 PM

I made a recent donation to Samministries and got a letter in return, and here is a portion of what it says...

"... through our many programs, including our homeless prevention services, transitional housing programs, and other supportive services like on-the-job training and parenting classes, we strive to minimize the threat and impact that homelessness has on our community here in San Antonio".

Their physical address is....5254 Blanco Road.

Old 11-03-2015, 12:55 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,026,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
I made a recent donation to Samministries and got a letter in return, and here is a portion of what it says...

"... through our many programs, including our homeless prevention services, transitional housing programs, and other supportive services like on-the-job training and parenting classes, we strive to minimize the threat and impact that homelessness has on our community here in San Antonio".

Their physical address is....5254 Blanco Road.
That's quite a ways away from Blanco & 1604, however. Or was that your point?

Old 11-22-2015, 10:39 PM

3 posts, read 3,348 times
The lord asks for no judgement when giving. Do you tithe b/c you know exactly where the money goes? Or is it the spirit of giving? Giving doesn't somehow increase your chances to be in heaven....giving is to built to benefit us. It is to teach us how to keep God first in our lives and how to be unselfish people. Unselfish people make better husbands, wives, friends, relatives, employees and employers. Donating money to a man on the side of the road I could argue is more noble than donating to Saint Judes Research. Honestly for me... seeing a fellow brother in the human being experience asking for help is the the definition of humbleness. Being a proud stubborn man that I am I can not imagine asking for help from anybody. So I give to every person on the side of the rd as long as I have cash in my pocket. Not one of us can be certain whether he is addicted to something or just down on his luck. I am sure I have given $ to a addict just looking for a score...but I am just as sure I have given money to another truly hungry man also. Every time I have ever given any thing whether money, sweat or time......I have seen it come back to me three fold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio