Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2008, 03:29 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times

Advertisements

I want to move there. That should be the rule everywhere! A street without nasty cars parked on it would be nirvana and SO much safer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 03:49 PM

410 posts, read 1,249,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I want to move there. That should be the rule everywhere! A street without nasty cars parked on it would be nirvana and SO much safer
I actually didn't notice at first, until the sales people told us about it, and then I was like, wow, thats what it is. You turn the corner of our street, and can see every house and the entire street, I'm a fan...

Old 05-29-2008, 07:54 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,586 times
Is there a grace period on the no-parking rule? For someone who is still clearing out the garage after moving into our new house March 1, I can tell you that the thought of having to move everything inside so I could get both vehicles in frightens me. (Plus, the wife would not be a big fan of having all that "stuff" in the house...)

--Dim

Old 05-29-2008, 08:40 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
March? how big is that garage?

sounds like someone needs to call up the Salvation Army or someone like that. They'll be more than happy to help you get rid of some stuff you probably really don't need.. I know my garage is full of stuff I haven't touched in six years. Two cars still fit in it though.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:48 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,669,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
March? how big is that garage?

sounds like someone needs to call up the Salvation Army or someone like that. They'll be more than happy to help you get rid of some stuff you probably really don't need.. I know my garage is full of stuff I haven't touched in six years. Two cars still fit in it though.
Someone hasn't PCS'd in a long while?

Old 05-29-2008, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
Is there a grace period on the no-parking rule? For someone who is still clearing out the garage after moving into our new house March 1, I can tell you that the thought of having to move everything inside so I could get both vehicles in frightens me. (Plus, the wife would not be a big fan of having all that "stuff" in the house...)

--Dim
of course there is a grace period. We can't expect people to move in get everything inside the house in the same day... You get two days...

Plus like I said, they got rid of that rule anyway (the no parking in the driveway rule)

Old 05-29-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Someone hasn't PCS'd in a long while?
I still have stuff in the same boxes from my overseas PCS 6 years ago...

Old 05-29-2008, 09:59 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDIGITIAL View Post
Those rules sound like a dictatorship. HOA rules in general as a opinion are way out of control. Rules should be simple do not have trash or junky items in the yard, full body paint rusting vehicles or vehicles on bricks, and missing tires not allowed. Faded or cracked painted exterior house walls. Who's is buying the house the homeowner or the HOA residents. Where are guests suppose to park? Park in ride then walk to your house? Are you saying you could not park in your driveway at one time? Ridiculous, it's your own property. Should code compliance be in charge of the city or HOA'S?
That's why you (or people who feel the way you do) should buy in a neighborhood that does not have an HOA. Those that want rules generally agree with most of them.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
That's why you (or people who feel the way you do) should buy in a neighborhood that does not have an HOA. Those that want rules generally agree with most of them.
Agreed

You are allowed to read rules before you move in to neighborhoods with HOAs as well.

I've lived in both, and the neighborhood without an HOA was by far one of the worst places I lived. And I used to hear gunshots from my apartment in DC....

Old 05-30-2008, 06:19 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,586 times
Actually, we don't have that much stuff. Granted, we do have some things that are bound for sale/giveaway, but it's more of an issue of organizing than anything else. I've simply been TDY too much since closing to get anything done. It's amazing--you purge and purge before a big move and still have things to get rid of on the other end. You'd think I would have learned from watching my parents do the same during and after each PCS.

--Dim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio