Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 02:54 PM

349 posts, read 422,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I went outside around where i live to try and raise awareness and the idiot right next to me is hopeless!!!

"Everything is dangerous now...... Everything gives off radiation,etc" -- He doesnt care that he not only will put HIS FAMILY @ risk but everyone elses around his house also!! (24/7 from these things)

He doesnt care.... Maybe he will when they start turning his electric off for too much usage... Bloody moron..........

Then I went across the street and that guy OPTED OUT ALSO!!!!!! -- I shook his hand and we talked about it a little.......
They wont turn your power off for too much usage. That's absurd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2017, 04:20 PM

514 posts, read 1,441,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastexan View Post
There's a few nutty folks out there that believe everyone is out to get them

Old 03-10-2017, 04:29 PM

4,323 posts, read 7,232,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastexan View Post
I've never heard of a CPS Energy customer getting their power turned off for "too much usage".

I'm not sure the poster in question even lives within the CPS Energy service area.

Old 03-10-2017, 04:30 PM

514 posts, read 1,441,054 times
Is the cell that's installed on my propane tank for company to monitor my tank dangerous?

Old 03-10-2017, 05:32 PM

287 posts, read 363,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clnconcpts View Post
There's a few nutty folks out there that believe everyone is out to get them
That's not completely untrue. I've had a CPS Home Energy Manager meter for years as part of a pilot program. Its sort of a smart meter, it allows them to remotely read your meter but it also allows you to use web access to program your HVAC and water heater for energy savings. The one drawback is that they can turn off your A/C during peak usage time for a few minutes to decrease usage. I've never noticed the effects.

So, his statement isn't completely nutty.

Old 03-10-2017, 07:34 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,011,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Read View Post
That's not completely untrue. I've had a CPS Home Energy Manager meter for years as part of a pilot program. Its sort of a smart meter, it allows them to remotely read your meter but it also allows you to use web access to program your HVAC and water heater for energy savings. The one drawback is that they can turn off your A/C during peak usage time for a few minutes to decrease usage. I've never noticed the effects.

Basically this is what it is used for but not in as much as to kill your electricity all of the time.. more like to control the brown outs that were occurring when everyone was trying to keep their air conditioners on all of the time... to control the drain it puts on the grid. The option is to get your electricity shut off for a few minutes in certain houses or have a entire grid go down for hours...

what is nutty is the fact that they are worried about signals.. and I am almost 100% sure he has a cell phone which emits the same signals.. really?

Old 03-10-2017, 08:15 PM

349 posts, read 422,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Read View Post

Cutting back your HVAC and water heater <> turning off your electricity.

That's bunk.

Old 03-11-2017, 06:23 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX
...and I am almost 100% sure he has a cell phone which emits the same signals.. really?
Nope I do not...... I unplug my WIFI when Im done online so that signal is gone then......

A signal from that thing COULDNT BE TURNED OFF!!

Are you guys willing to give up control of what goes in IN YOUR HOUSE??

As long as you pay them,THEY HAVE NO RIGHT CONTROLLING ANYTHING IN YOUR HOUSE!!

Old 03-11-2017, 09:31 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,011,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Nope I do not...... I unplug my WIFI when Im done online so that signal is gone then......

A signal from that thing COULDNT BE TURNED OFF!!

Are you guys willing to give up control of what goes in IN YOUR HOUSE??

As long as you pay them,THEY HAVE NO RIGHT CONTROLLING ANYTHING IN YOUR HOUSE!!

Seriously, you think by turning off your wifi your phone has no signal????? so I guess you don't make any phone calls? Putting that stupid phone to your head gives you more crap then if you had that thing on the side of your house.. I don't want to call anyone stupid... but this is close!

Old 03-12-2017, 05:56 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
I do not have a phone!!!!!!!

I do not have any kind of Iphone!!!

All i have is a cordless phone (One 46Mhz analogue and 1 digital) that have nothing to do with my Wifi Modem...

I DO NOT HAVE ANY IPHONE!! (Wifi)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio