Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 04:42 PM

381 posts, read 1,093,090 times

Advertisements

I'm curious: When do you think the daytime temperatures here in San Antonio start to get warmer instead of colder or stay the same? I think its mid-February based on my unscientific observation. Of course there will be cold fronts that come in after mid-Feb. that bring the temperature down but I think there is a general warming trend starting in mid-Feb.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2016, 04:53 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
It usually starts to warm up in March but I've even seen cold weather in April sometimes, just depends on the year.

Old 01-11-2016, 05:01 PM

232 posts, read 379,961 times
Tomorrow. This is South Texas. It can snow in February or be 100 degrees.

Old 01-11-2016, 05:01 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstmom View Post
I'm curious: When do you think the daytime temperatures here in San Antonio start to get warmer instead of colder or stay the same? I think its mid-February based on my unscientific observation. Of course there will be cold fronts that come in after mid-Feb. that bring the temperature down but I think there is a general warming trend starting in mid-Feb.

Thoughts?

Ohh my..I'm still waiting for the deep freeze we up here usually have this time of the year....:roll eyes: The past few month's reading weather maps..you all have been almost reverse of what we up here ( just north of 49th Parallel) ..Change is stark different..Have not even put snow tires on yet!!

Warmth??? Who knows..I can get my house temp up just by opening drapes (radiant heat)..in the meantime..save on heating costs ( down by 50%) compared to just last year alone...(Must look into past history of Heat usage??)

LOL..OP..You are in Texas..I'm in Ontario Canada..May I suggest..Our weather has been warmer than you...Is it possible flipping the weather pattern is actually happening?? Top/COLD and Bottom/Warm??

Not able to help you out OP??

Old 01-11-2016, 05:18 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,556,576 times
I think the "official" last day that freezing has historically occurred is March 15. Average temps will be higher then than now, but on a day to day basis...

Old 01-11-2016, 05:28 PM

232 posts, read 379,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pobre View Post
I think the "official" last day that freezing has historically occurred is March 15. Average temps will be higher then than now, but on a day to day basis...
Yes I think you are correct. that is my wifes birthday and I use it as planting day because it is usually safe after that..

'Ode the Ides of March'

Old 01-11-2016, 07:09 PM

20 posts, read 24,819 times
agreed on the March 15. I've noticed that it will start getting warmer already at the beginning of March, but don't get too excited, because sure enough you'll see one last frost before March 15!

Old 01-12-2016, 09:06 AM

136 posts, read 225,193 times
Spring Break, so mid March. The week usually starts off cool and then ends warmer. By late March you won't need a jacket anymore on the average day, but we still get the occasional cold front sometimes going into May.

Old 01-13-2016, 04:51 PM

1,004 posts, read 1,620,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstmom View Post

Thoughts?

You are right on track !
By mid Feb. with an occasional cold or yucky day here & there but the warming trend begins
around that time.

Bluebonnet season is my favorite time of the year to go crusin' the back roads all over Texas.

Old 01-14-2016, 09:37 PM

733 posts, read 1,047,413 times
it's already getting warmer...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio