Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 07:20 AM

162 posts, read 539,522 times

Advertisements

The Walmart shooting was the only murder Converse had seen in over 10 years! I have lived in Converse, about a mile from Walmart, for 2 years with no problems.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:12 PM

226 posts, read 926,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving from NE View Post
My wife and I are moving to SA from Nebraska with our 2 month old daughter. We are looking for housing. What do you think about the Converse area? What areas would you recommend in the 150k-170k range?

Thanks!

You can get a bigger house in Converse as compared to other areas of town in that price range, but you get what you pay for. 150-170K will get you a nice home in Cibolo - good schools, small town, very low crime.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,055 times
wow!! the asian guy with long post is sooooo right!! And I see he posted this 2 yrs ago!! I moved to SA from San Diego, CA a yr ago and just recently bought a home in converse cause its close to RAFB and Fort Sam. We are military and of course will not be here long. My son is only 6yrs old and he's going to randolph isd. I sensed some crappyness of the Judson isd last year and realized it wasnt that great of a school district. Yes its all about football....and maybe thats where all the money is going cause there are ZERO field trips for these young elem. kids. Hes right about the neighborhoods...its a hit and miss I guess....thank goodness we found a home in a area tucked far away with a quiet street of neighbors but who knows how long that will last. Maybe thats why they were so eager to meet us hoping we didnt bring the ghetto mentality with us! LOL...But the guy has a point!!! when we leave this city we will be back in SA 7 yrs later and will sell the home cause my son will be 13 by then and he sure will not be going to Judson!!! and its not being racist....Were a bi-racial couple of hispanic and black and just because your skin is brown that doesnt mean you have to be GHETTO AS HELL!! LOL

Old 08-06-2010, 08:01 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HM2JNJ View Post
Were a bi-racial couple of hispanic and black and just because your skin is brown that doesnt mean you have to be GHETTO AS HELL!! LOL
But he was,
because I've been in many very nice neighborhoods where about 1/2 of the families were black.

Old 08-07-2010, 05:38 PM

151 posts, read 299,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HM2JNJ View Post
wow!! the asian guy with long post is sooooo right!! And I see he posted this 2 yrs ago!! I moved to SA from San Diego, CA a yr ago and just recently bought a home in converse cause its close to RAFB and Fort Sam. We are military and of course will not be here long. My son is only 6yrs old and he's going to randolph isd. I sensed some crappyness of the Judson isd last year and realized it wasnt that great of a school district. Yes its all about football....and maybe thats where all the money is going cause there are ZERO field trips for these young elem. kids. Hes right about the neighborhoods...its a hit and miss I guess....thank goodness we found a home in a area tucked far away with a quiet street of neighbors but who knows how long that will last. Maybe thats why they were so eager to meet us hoping we didnt bring the ghetto mentality with us! LOL...But the guy has a point!!! when we leave this city we will be back in SA 7 yrs later and will sell the home cause my son will be 13 by then and he sure will not be going to Judson!!! and its not being racist....Were a bi-racial couple of hispanic and black and just because your skin is brown that doesnt mean you have to be GHETTO AS HELL!! LOL
We're in JISD and my son had several field trips last year. Not sure why yours didn't.

I laugh at the people who think Judson is so bad. I'm willing to bet more drugs go through Clark HS than Judson.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:00 AM

5 posts, read 11,754 times
I LOVE SA, TX...just bought a house there myself--IN Converse...I freaking love the place..and have for 20 years.

I did my training in SA, TX, my first duty at Killeen, and wow...I'm retiring back in Texas, SA---so, not sure what you ended up doing --this post is late, but hope you came to Texas, see you at the HEB!

Jade

Old 10-25-2011, 11:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,606 times
I live in Converse in the loma alta suburb(s) offf toepperwein road its a great area to live in.
Its a quiet neighborhood, my housee is greaat, its close to the 35N & 1604 loop & farm road 78 theres a heb 5 minutes away offf kitty hawk road, a hospital off toepperwein, mcdonalds, whataburger, bushs chicken, billl millers, schools & The forum are close its a great area to live in.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:32 AM

993 posts, read 2,491,119 times
So...moving from NE, did you end up moving to Converse or not? It has been over three years. What say you?

Old 10-26-2011, 12:05 PM

950 posts, read 1,259,768 times
There are some new apartments both on Schertz Parkway and FM3009.JohnnySixString is telling it like it is.When we came here back in 1971, it was because my dad wanted to retire from the Airforce,and my parents liked San Antonio having lived here in the 1950s and 60s when he was at Security Service at Kelly AFB. Years ago it wasn't bad,but it has become so over the years.You just don't have people from the east side moving there, but from other parts of San Antonio,California,etc.
The Schertz - Cibolo area is still decent, though of course we too have our problems,but not like there. We have both Walmart and H.E.B.,new library and new YMCA,and there is talk about maybe building an olympic pool and a new vetrans memorial near the library.Businesses are locating here and the schools are good.The district is sponsoring these town hall meetings to talk about a possible bond issue for new schools and improvements because so many people are moving here.We got a good rating from Money magazine as one of the top ten places in Texas to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio