Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 07:02 PM

293 posts, read 390,128 times

Advertisements

yes we go there all the time, the only thing is now sometimes its harder to find a place to sit as they are usually always now packed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2016, 04:00 PM

153 posts, read 197,050 times
I grew up in Southern Cali. If you want something that resembles Carne Asada Burritos from Roberto's 24-hour Taco Shops , go to Los Robertos Taco Shop here in San Antonio.

It won't taste like Cali tacos, but try Torchy's Tacos too.

The other restaurant I like for Mexican food (mainly their enchiladas) is Tiago's Cabo Grille.

Old 02-01-2016, 06:41 PM

514 posts, read 1,435,222 times
I tried the one on tpc drive. IMHO, that was the worst Mexican food I've ever had . Roach coaches tasted better

Old 02-01-2016, 07:36 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,884,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clnconcpts View Post
I tried the one on tpc drive. IMHO, that was the worst Mexican food I've ever had . Roach coaches tasted better
Yeah, we had basically the same experience. We tried it a couple of times because it's close to home and super cheap, so we WANTED to love it, but just couldn't acquire a taste for it.

Old 02-01-2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clnconcpts View Post
I've only been to 2 Los Robertos locations when I'm craving a Cali-flavor burrito/taco: NW Loop 410 and Bitters Road (and moreso the Loop 410 location). I only order the carne asada. I've tried a handful of their other menu items, and I wasn't impressed.

If you haven't tried Torchy's Tacos yet, I highly recommend it.

Oh yeah, one more place I enjoy is Chela's Tacos food truck (near UTSA).

Old 02-01-2016, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Yeah, we had basically the same experience. We tried it a couple of times because it's close to home and super cheap, so we WANTED to love it, but just couldn't acquire a taste for it.
Other than their carne asada, I really didn't care for the other tacos I had ordered during my first two visits to Los Robertos (back in 2012). They weren't very good at all. Every once in awhile, I get mad cravings for carne asada tacos or nachos, so I'll pop-in to get my fix.

Nowadays, Hubby and I mainly go to Torchy's Tacos and Chela's Tacos.

Old 02-02-2016, 04:48 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,954,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloggerAnna View Post
I've only been to 2 Los Robertos locations when I'm craving a Cali-flavor burrito/taco: NW Loop 410 and Bitters Road (and moreso the Loop 410 location). I only order the carne asada. I've tried a handful of their other menu items, and I wasn't impressed.

If you haven't tried Torchy's Tacos yet, I highly recommend it.

Oh yeah, one more place I enjoy is Chela's Tacos food truck (near UTSA).
Chela's has a brick and mortar location along Broadway now.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXEX06 View Post
Chela's has a brick and mortar location along Broadway now.

Last time I asked the employees at the food truck, the grand opening (date) kept getting pushed back. Guess I need to make my way over there soon.

Old 02-03-2016, 05:51 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,515,405 times
As a former Californian, learn to embrace Tex-Mex, well, at least soft tacos.

I haven't lived in CA in over 20 years, so my perspective is skewed, but once I got used to the differences, I embraced the local cuisine. That said, I'm kind of bored of it. I love interior mexican food like what you can get at Cascabel (S. St Mary's St). Most of the Tex-Mex I've had recently is far too greasy, but I do appreciate the tacos. That's the one thing I prefer over California.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:23 PM

1,004 posts, read 1,608,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
As a former Californian, learn to embrace Tex-Mex, well, at least soft tacos.
With regards to soft tacos.

The corn tortillas that I enjoy are the ones from the Mexican Manhattan
on Soledad St. They are soft & delicious tasting.

I asked the owner about them & he was nice to tell me the place where
they are made.
Sanitary Tortilla Company @ Urban Loop downtown, close to IH 35.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio