Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2016, 07:48 AM

208 posts, read 381,291 times

Advertisements

Need help folks...I'm looking for Microsoft Office classes for my significant other that won't cost me an arm and a leg. Leaning towards Office 2010 but 2013 will do. I found a few classes but they are either just an hour or two long or they cost almost $300. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks TC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 08:02 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
Two questions: Does she just want to learn to use the software or does she want a certification? If the training is just so she can learn the software, would she be able to do a video class online?

Online Video Tutorials & Training at Lynda.com is only $25/month, with no minimum. She can get trained in both versions of Word and dozens of other software applications for as long as the subscription is active. I've taken face-to-face classes where the instructor showed videos from this site, so it's legitimate training.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:06 AM

208 posts, read 381,291 times
Not looking for any type of certification. Thanks very much for the info. I'll check it out.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:53 AM

584 posts, read 1,192,520 times
A lot of the school districts offer community education classes for a very small fee. This may be something to look into. Here is a link for the NEISD classes. Click on the More Details for the class to see the date, time, etc.

https://communityed.neisd.net/ComEdW...9bYNWZfKrImV8=

Old 02-22-2016, 05:16 PM

1 posts, read 511 times
BiblioTech has some classes on certain computer programs, I saw one for Excel so it's not too much of a longshot that Word may be one. Registering with them will also get you free online access to Lynda.com without having to pay for it.

Old 02-22-2016, 06:10 PM

520 posts, read 781,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fevercadence View Post
BiblioTech has some classes on certain computer programs, I saw one for Excel so it's not too much of a longshot that Word may be one. Registering with them will also get you free online access to Lynda.com without having to pay for it.
There's also the Online Software Tutorials through the SA Public Library - Library Services
They aren't Lynda (which I rate as the standard for online courses, though I've never taken any Office ones), so I can't vouch for them but it's something. You also have the option of checking out digital books through Overdrive. Requires an active SAPL library card.

Depending on where you live, the ISD may offer adult & community education classes if you wife is looking for something a little more formal without breaking the bank. I know NISD has them fairly frequently, and different skill levels for under $50/each.

Last and not least there is always Alamo Colleges - a little more pricey, probably the same material as NISD ACE, but at least it's for credit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio