Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 11:55 PM

6,496 posts, read 7,525,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleduckaroo View Post
Can anyone tell me anything about living in the Poteet or Pleasanton areas or any suggestions south of SA? We are preparing for our relocation in May/June and these areas have come up as possible locations for a young family. I'm also wondering what the commute would be like to the medical center? Thanks!
May I ask why Pleasonton or Poteet when you will work in the Medical Center. Why not Lytle, Somerset, Lacoste, Macdona or another location in SouthWest Bexar County?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2016, 10:12 AM

702 posts, read 726,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
People do not REALIZE the drugs that come thru that area....it is a MAJOR drug route out of Mexico. I would really think twice about it. Those that have lived there or know anything about it will tell you it is NOT the "rural America" you are hoping for.
Here's another point.

I was just talking about living in Pleasanton or Jourdanton proper. If you're going to be living out on the county roads in addition to limited internet services keep in mind the mexican gangs do operate out in those areas. As well as illegal immigrants cutting down fences and coyotes driving across fields to avoid the roads.

My buddies who still live and work out there carry weapons in their trucks at all times just in case they need to use them. It is a serious thing.

Old 05-21-2017, 05:37 PM

6,496 posts, read 7,525,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
People do not REALIZE the drugs that come thru that area....it is a MAJOR drug route out of Mexico. I would really think twice about it. Those that have lived there or know anything about it will tell you it is NOT the "rural America" you are hoping for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post
Here's another point.
As well as illegal immigrants cutting down fences and coyotes driving across fields to avoid the roads.

My buddies who still live and work out there carry weapons in their trucks at all times just in case they need to use them. It is a serious thing.
Is this true? I am having a hard time believing this.

Pleasanton and Poteet are both at least two hours away from the border AND at least an hour 1/2 North of any US Border Patrol checkpoint. Why in the world would cartels be smuggling drugs/people through the brush country at this point when the roads are free and clear? I am sure there are drugs being transported through there unbeknownst to most folks but I am certain those same drugs flow through San Antonio.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:17 PM

12,057 posts, read 10,262,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Is this true? I am having a hard time believing this.

Pleasanton and Poteet are both at least two hours away from the border AND at least an hour 1/2 North of any US Border Patrol checkpoint. Why in the world would cartels be smuggling drugs/people through the brush country at this point when the roads are free and clear? I am sure there are drugs being transported through there unbeknownst to most folks but I am certain those same drugs flow through San Antonio.
yea - I live in the area and its more local kids doing weed and meth.

Overall I like the small town. I moved away for over 20 years but came back. Yes, it has declined a bit, but I personally do not care for big stores and chain restaurants. Do a lot of my buying online.

People complain about petty crime but most of them leave all their things unsecured and no lights on at all at night. They like to sleep in the dark. We have our yard lit up like a prison and no problems yet - lol.

And sure the streets roll up at 6 in the evening, but that's why you move out here - peace and quiet.

Traffic can be bad going into the city on 16 or 37. If you live in Pleasanton - you would use 37.

Castroville is nice and neat and closer. Might be more expensive though. Lytle is right on 35 and they also have more amenities. They are even getting a chik-fil-a! What else do you need??

Old 05-23-2017, 10:12 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,874 times
My first impressions of Pleasanton ten years ago when I first moved to Texas: Well, I heard the Footloose theme in my head. It's grown a lot since then. Nothing unsafe about it, just a church, a DQ, a high school and not much else. It's grown A LOT since then. The theme when going through Poteet? Xfiles.

Agree that Floresville might be better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio