Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2016, 09:34 PM

27 posts, read 24,786 times

Advertisements

I've read AHISD is one of the best in San Antonio. This district has two elementary schools, Cambridge and Woodridge and I would like to know if both have the same standards or one is better than the other. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 12:25 AM

2,649 posts, read 7,440,032 times
Both are the same. There is some tongue in cheek rivalry but students come together for grades 6-12.

Old 03-20-2016, 10:57 AM

232 posts, read 379,878 times
My children went to both due to moving from Northwood to AH and not much difference between the two as far as education. The facility is newer @ Woodridge, still old but Cambridge is older, and the parents can be a bit more "uppity" at Cambridge and the TH parents more "pissy" @Woodridge since they have to go to the "slums". All that being said, we didnt have any issues at either school.

Old 03-23-2016, 10:02 PM

Thank you both for your reply.

RedNeckrick, if you don't mind me asking, were you and your kids happy with the schools? Are kids friendly and welcoming? What about teachers? We are moving to SA this summer, my 10 years old son has high functioning asperger and I am a bit worry about him being in a new school. So far I've read AHISD is one of the best in town, what are your thoughts about it? Sorry I'm asking so many questios...

Old 03-24-2016, 03:04 AM

232 posts, read 379,878 times
Yes we were very happy with both schools. We only changed because we bought another house that was close to Cambridge, we had the option to stay at Woodridge. Kids are kids, some are nice some are ugly but that's everywhere, same for parents. My son also has Asperger's and let the administration, counselors and teachers know from the start, they will work with you and your son to help with the transition. 10 years old so must be in 5th grade so you only have 1 year before heading to the Jr High. Do the same there, the more the admin knows about any special needs the more they can do to help. When me and my wife got married and started a family, we knew this was the only are we would live in so our children can have the best education and I think we made the right choice.

Old 03-25-2016, 09:11 PM

RedNeckRick, thanks a lot for your comments, I'm sure I will do it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio