Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 10:53 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,000,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthrowed94 View Post
Do you know the name of the new subdivision being build on Sinclair Rd? I heard about Foster Meadows and another being built in that area can't remember the name.
Blue Rock Springs by D.R Horton i think.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:30 AM

47 posts, read 243,232 times
It's the same way with the west side and the south side. The east side has just taken the lead in the race for now.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:44 AM

115 posts, read 279,153 times
The east side will always get bad news coverage. There are so many things that go on in the north side of town that never will make the news. Who do you think brings all the money for the drugs and the prostitution to the east side? Yea you got it right, the crackheads and methheads that can get what they want on the east side and go back to their gated communities. The crackheads and prostitutes walking the streets are the ones who can't afford to support their habits.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:23 AM

218 posts, read 336,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySixString View Post
It's the same way with the west side and the south side. The east side has just taken the lead in the race for now.
I have to just say I completely disagree with you. The near west side may be bad but it's not as bad as the near east side and the south side is relatively tame.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:16 PM

47 posts, read 243,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelangelosa View Post
I have to just say I completely disagree with you. The near west side may be bad but it's not as bad as the near east side and the south side is relatively tame.

The west side has some good spots, just like the east and the south. The point is they ALL do have many, many bad spots. This is why they each have the reputation as being "bad". All the little gangbangers love to represent theirs: South Siiiiiiide.....East Siiiiiiide.....West Siiiiiiiide. Won't be long at this rate though and they'll be one for the North Siiiiiiide too.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:27 PM

83 posts, read 299,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelangelosa View Post
I have an aunt that lives in Lakeside, sorry, Lakeside is anything but "hood." It's a pretty nice older subdivision except for those crappy new homes they built in the last year or so on the far south side of Lakeside. Luckily they're not many and hard to get to and aren't visible from any freeway.

Also, the new upper middle class housing going up all along Foster Meadows is looking really good.

I must ask though, are you saying these areas are "hood" because they're majority black?

no. not at all. i just know some hood people that live in the lakeside. and theres always a lot of people at there house. always the same people. so i figured most of them probably live in the same neighborhood as well. but i could be wrong. and just because they live in lakeside doesnt mean they arent hood. if u came up on hackberry st. and then up and move to lakeside, chances are your not gonna change much just because the house is a little nicer and the neighborhood cleaner. but u are right, for the most part a pretty quiet neighborhood. and i know hood people of all colors. every race has people that came from the hood. it has nothing to do with color.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:29 PM

355 posts, read 1,374,961 times
its stupid and irrisponsible to post things like "eastside bad, stay away!!! It should be the other way around, people should get involved and do something about the probelm enstead. For example, this is the same block where the carver community center is located, where david robinson gave millions of dollars to.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:59 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,455,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfish View Post
its stupid and irrisponsible to post things like "eastside bad, stay away!!! It should be the other way around, people should get involved and do something about the probelm enstead. For example, this is the same block where the carver community center is located, where david robinson gave millions of dollars to.
I think people fear what they don't know. They hear/read about all the bad things in certain areas of town, but have probably not spent time there, meeting new people and trying new places. If they did, they would soon discover that not EVERYTHING in that area is bad! Stop relying on the media...sensationalism! C'mon, people...step out of your comfort zones! What's life without a little adventure? Take a chance! You never know, you might just be surprised!

Of course, be wary of your surroundings, but I would assume that you do this anyway. I know I do. If I see trouble brewing, I just turn myself around and go the other way. It's not rocket science, just a little common sense.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:02 PM

1,066 posts, read 3,693,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySixString View Post
The west side has some good spots, just like the east and the south. The point is they ALL do have many, many bad spots. This is why they each have the reputation as being "bad". All the little gangbangers love to represent theirs: South Siiiiiiide.....East Siiiiiiide.....West Siiiiiiiide. Won't be long at this rate though and they'll be one for the North Siiiiiiide too.
Too late, the Northside has already been contaminated. I believe most of the apartments in the entire med center have been converted into section 8 housing.
Just the other day...they said SAISD is closing down 6 schools....where do you think all those people are moving to?

Old 02-14-2008, 02:58 PM

218 posts, read 336,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo View Post
Too late, the Northside has already been contaminated. I believe most of the apartments in the entire med center have been converted into section 8 housing.
What a big fat lie.

Quote:
Just the other day...they said SAISD is closing down 6 schools....where do you think all those people are moving to?
Wow, your ignorant and prejudice perspective is... lame.

Last edited by michelangelosa; 02-14-2008 at 03:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio