Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2008, 01:10 PM

545 posts, read 2,283,745 times

Advertisements

For those of you with TWC, looks like they've completed the upgrade here in San Antonio for email, meaning you're supposed to have more space in your mailbox, plus you'll see a difference in the webmail.

You may want to check on yours, though, as mine was screwed up. As I type this, I'm on the phone with RR tech support (the 5th person I've talked to) and they're trying to figure it out.

If you have RR lite, you should have 100 megs of mailbox space (will display as 100,000KB). If you have RR standard, you should now have 2 Gigs of space, turbo 5 gigs. I have a turbo account, but only had 100 megs of space showing in my mailbox (you can see this when you log into webmail - it will show your available space in the upper left corner under the Road Runner logo). I used to have lite, but upgraded well over a year ago.

So I'm wondering, is it just a fluke or is TWC shortchanging a lot of people? Let me know what yours looks like...

EDIT: OK, so evidently, the full amount is there, but because you can have multiple users on each account, you have to tell it how much space to allocate to each account. Cool feature....I wish it was a little less complicated to use, but it's nice if you have multiple email addresses for your account.

Last edited by slaleman; 02-15-2008 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: turns out they didn't screw it up after all...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 02:55 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
The extra capacity is nice, especially since I'm a Turbo user, but mine also shows only 100 Mb's.. However, thanks to their upgrade, I now have very little use for it. I used to have a workaround for checking my mail on my Lackland account, but now it's filtered.. that sucks.

I'd also highly recommend people check this because there's a new spam filter in place on the server and I now know why some of the sales e-mails I want to get (Circuit City, Best Buy, and Dell) haven't been in my inbox lately.. The totally stupid part is I have to delete the e-mails to get the option to add them to the safe list.. The new RR interface is nice, but it surely isn't Outlook nice...

Old 02-16-2008, 09:33 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,668,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
The extra capacity is nice, especially since I'm a Turbo user, but mine also shows only 100 Mb's.. However, thanks to their upgrade, I now have very little use for it. I used to have a workaround for checking my mail on my Lackland account, but now it's filtered.. that sucks.

I'd also highly recommend people check this because there's a new spam filter in place on the server and I now know why some of the sales e-mails I want to get (Circuit City, Best Buy, and Dell) haven't been in my inbox lately.. The totally stupid part is I have to delete the e-mails to get the option to add them to the safe list.. The new RR interface is nice, but it surely isn't Outlook nice...
rd2007,
How do you get the SPAM filter turned on? I had to go to a second e-mail account to not view these.
Never mind...just signed in (its been a while) and found they changed their format (earlier this week?). Anyway, there was junk mail there...deleted!

Last edited by Steel Man; 02-16-2008 at 10:10 PM.. Reason: Added more info

Old 02-17-2008, 12:46 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
It has caught all of the obvious spam, but it is also catching things I actually want. I'd recommend checking it every day or so to make sure you aren't missing a great one day sale if you get those kinds of e-mails.
It is nice not seeing all the crap about free i-pods, internet lottery winnings, and offers to "increase my potential" with the ladies... I still can't figure out how people fall for the lottery scams, but after watching to catch an ID thief on MSNBC, there are obviously a LOT of morons left in the world...

Old 02-17-2008, 08:20 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,668,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
It has caught all of the obvious spam, but it is also catching things I actually want. I'd recommend checking it every day or so to make sure you aren't missing a great one day sale if you get those kinds of e-mails.
It is nice not seeing all the crap about free i-pods, internet lottery winnings, and offers to "increase my potential" with the ladies... I still can't figure out how people fall for the lottery scams, but after watching to catch an ID thief on MSNBC, there are obviously a LOT of morons left in the world...
You know what they say...there's a sucker born every minute (1,440 born today!). Anyway, now I have to actually sign in to my RR e-mail to view/delete the messages as I have been using ePrompter to check every now and then (you can view the title, then delete it the next time it checks).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio