Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 05:56 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,002,235 times

Advertisements

The OP does not think Stone Oak is ghetto he simply said that because he is obsessed with the ares inside 410 and can;t believe so many people want to live WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY out here!

Old 05-25-2009, 10:34 PM

791 posts, read 3,960,300 times
Yes, this whole thread was started as a sarcastic response to another thread in which other posters were bashing other neighborhoods in SA for being "ghetto". Ay, the things that get lost when threads are resurrected from the dead months/years after they were started.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:39 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
The guy in this bust was no street-corner pusher, he was a mid-level cog in a larger machine, a dealer's dealer. I would imagine that people above his level can live in any of those places you mentioned.
Yep, what they confiscated really was not that much, probably a kilo. They will most definately seek out the larger fish.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:55 AM

2,260 posts, read 5,617,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
The OP does not think Stone Oak is ghetto he simply said that because he is obsessed with the ares inside 410 and can;t believe so many people want to live WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY out here!
I feel the same way, but I'm HAPPY people want to live WAYYYYYYYY out there. We wouldn't all fit inside the Loop!

Old 05-26-2009, 11:26 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,588,394 times
I was heading north on 281 last Sunday on my way to the river. (see river graffiti thread //www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...graffitti.html ) and was surprised to see one of the overhead freeways signs completely covered with graffiti. Both signs covered from edge to edge. The back of the signs were facing south and it was just south of the Redland Road cutoff. Kind of odd to see this kind of vandalism in this part of town. This was not just a quick spray paint job, somebody had to climb up on that sign over the freeway and spend a considerable amount of time on this. I don't know how long this has been there since I don't have to travel this road very often. I don't ever remember seeing it before. Maybe the times are changing in that neck of the woods. I guess anytime you increase the density of the population anywhere you automatically increase the odds of have a few lowlifes in the mix......And then they breed like rabbits.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:21 PM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
I was heading north on 281 last Sunday on my way to the river. (see river graffiti thread //www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...graffitti.html ) and was surprised to see one of the overhead freeways signs completely covered with graffiti. Both signs covered from edge to edge. The back of the signs were facing south and it was just south of the Redland Road cutoff. Kind of odd to see this kind of vandalism in this part of town. This was not just a quick spray paint job, somebody had to climb up on that sign over the freeway and spend a considerable amount of time on this. I don't know how long this has been there since I don't have to travel this road very often. I don't ever remember seeing it before. Maybe the times are changing in that neck of the woods. I guess anytime you increase the density of the population anywhere you automatically increase the odds of have a few lowlifes in the mix......And then they breed like rabbits.
They refer to those signs as "Heavens" and it became popular in Ca and Fl. Very dangerous, in fact someone just dies in Miami trying to do the same.

“Graffiti Tagger” Falls To His Death On The 826 SOUTHWEST MIAMI-DADE (CBS4) ― « WHATYOUWRITE.COM

Old 05-27-2009, 08:15 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,208,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
They refer to those signs as "Heavens" and it became popular in Ca and Fl. Very dangerous, in fact someone just dies in Miami trying to do the same.

“Graffiti Tagger” Falls To His Death On The 826 SOUTHWEST MIAMI-DADE (CBS4) ― « WHATYOUWRITE.COM
"This is an isolated incident. It was out of character for him. He was a good person, a good friend to others."

Old 05-27-2009, 10:16 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,793,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
"This is an isolated incident. It was out of character for him. He was a good person, a good friend to others."
I was going to say... maybe the rails could be greased? Just a little?

Old 05-27-2009, 10:59 AM

1,740 posts, read 5,745,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
i was going to say... Maybe the rails could be greased? Just a little?
lol

Old 05-27-2009, 11:00 AM

1,740 posts, read 5,745,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
This vandalism is relatively new...I drive by this daily. I too was surprised to see it...and wondered how long the person(s) were up there painting that. Hopefully the city will do something to clean that up soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio