Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 08:12 AM

8 posts, read 7,708 times

Advertisements

Yes, I have pulled all correspondence with my mortgage company & tax office. I have it all documented/printed, and saved.
Yes, I did check my balances, and I knew they were not paid in full, that's why I kept telling the mortgage company (documented on emails) that they were not paid. The monies were definitely taken out, put in escrow, and then rather than paying the taxes, they sent me the check. My mistake for not looking further into this! That's why I say, I agree I should pay the taxes, 100% agree. But the late fees/attorney fees? I just don't see why I should pay for that.

2015 taxes were filed 1040, married filing jointly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 08:39 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,442,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
What did you do with the escrow check? I'm sure you realize now that if money suddenly shows up in your mailbox, you need to check, double check and triple check that it's not an error.

If the $400 you paid to the county came off your total due before the bank paid it, then the bank wouldn't have to reimburse you for it because it had already gone toward your taxes and they didn't end up paying it.
This is a good question. Sounds like they spent it. And rather quickly.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:42 AM

Sorry, I didn't answer that question. Yes, we did spend it, hospital bills.
I know I'm responsible for the actual taxes due. I'm not so sure I'm responsible for the attorney & late fees...That's what I'm trying to figure out.

Old 08-03-2016, 10:20 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,409,864 times
If the mishandling of the escrow funds and late tax payment was caused by your mortgage company, they should be liable for legal fees and late payments fees.

Old 08-03-2016, 10:26 AM

464 posts, read 804,119 times
Clearly, you need to consult with an attorney.

Old 08-03-2016, 10:39 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,834,325 times
Before spending the time and money on an attorney, I'd be talking with the mortgage company - I'd be willing to bet that a face-to-face meeting would see the fees/charges waived.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:31 AM

89 posts, read 97,836 times
As no one done the math in this thread? This guy is not telling us the entire story.

Ill be nice and stop typing now

Old 08-03-2016, 12:00 PM

This guy is a girl...and why would I withhold information when I'm trying to get help? Anyway...

I spoke with the bank, and they said they paid the bill they were sent. After pulling all documents, it looks like the county didn't send the bank the total bill. I'm guessing because my parents own 50%? I have no idea...she wants me to send in all bills/documents and they will contact the county. I'm praying the county will waive the fees, but am doubtful. We will see...
Thank you all for your help, I truly appreciate it.

Old 08-03-2016, 12:30 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,409,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetowguy View Post
As no one done the math in this thread? This guy is not telling us the entire story.

Ill be nice and stop typing now
I think most Moms are girls but some 'Mothers' can be guys.

I do not get your math reference.

The numbers look plausible to me.

Old 08-03-2016, 02:02 PM

24,529 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4boysnogirls View Post
This guy is a girl...and why would I withhold information when I'm trying to get help? Anyway...

I spoke with the bank, and they said they paid the bill they were sent. After pulling all documents, it looks like the county didn't send the bank the total bill. I'm guessing because my parents own 50%? I have no idea...she wants me to send in all bills/documents and they will contact the county. I'm praying the county will waive the fees, but am doubtful. We will see...
Thank you all for your help, I truly appreciate it.
Did your parents received a tax bill?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio