Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 12:01 PM

13 posts, read 10,648 times

Advertisements

Good afternoon.

I'm from San Antonio and my husband is from the Southeast Houston area. We came back from Houston earlier this year to settle down around the SA area. We decided on Boerne but it has been difficult to find a place there and for me alone to find work. Medical issues came up and I am tending to them accordingly. Now I'm back at finding work again. We don't want to live in the Bexar County area for reasons of our own and we've even thought about moving up to Fort Worth but not now. Unfortunately while in Houston three years ago, my husband had lost his job and had to break an apartment lease so now it's been on his credit and he's been trying to pay it off. He does work in Boerne and we've been staying with relatives since moving back earlier this year. But because his insurance didn't add me to his account and I can't get damn Obamacare because of not being under special circumstances, I'm still screwed with the fact my husband has to pay for my medical appts that had to be done. It was that critical. Anywho, we know that we will have to pay off his lease and we can submit proof but does ANYONE know of any resources in finding a place in and around Boerne who will give people like us a chance? And work...I've applied and I've been close but not close enough to landing work now that my medical issues are being addressed....I'm trying to get things done without have to feel like there's nothing else we can do...I KNOW there is something we can do....anyway thanks to whomever has any suggestions or advice that I may not be aware of.

Mrs. Luke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 12:11 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
Try looking around the Bulverde/New Braunfels area, as well....both work and living arrangements.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:05 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,733,294 times
Kerrville...farther out, but well worth it.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:31 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Try the new Bucee's being built in Boerne, I hear they pay well and their bathrooms are killer.

Old 08-17-2016, 03:13 PM

4,328 posts, read 7,235,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Try the new Bucee's being built in Boerne, I hear they pay well and their bathrooms are killer.
Bucee's isn't slated to open until 2019. It sounds like the OP needs something ASAP.

Maybe if they could find something to tide them over, in the interim?

Old 08-17-2016, 03:45 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,714 posts, read 58,054,000 times
Now is the time to become a school bus driver (if your health will pass CDL), and you don't have criminal record.

Otherwise.... Join a few 'temp pools' / outsource employment.

School district janitor work is good if you can get it. (Drive school bus by day, AND be a night shift janitor!) BTDT when things were sparse.

Costco employment at nearby 1604 will get you HC benefits!
Strabucks also.

Old 11-06-2016, 11:19 AM

Thanks. I've been looking into Boerne ISD...although I was looking more for monitors....drivers...well my hubby did that...wasn't the best experience....which is understandable.

Old 11-06-2016, 11:22 AM

Default Boerne, Continued

We're still looking guys. Still looking for rental, maybe lease to own and work for me. Can't move to the New Braunfels area, commute is too far for the hubs job. I was wondering if there is any "FOR RENT" websites, besides the For Rent or Apartment finders or even Craigslist sites. Surely there HAS to be other resources. I just can't seem to find anything with a For Rent by owner besides having to go old school and actually DRIVE around and find something.....and of course there is WHO you know too. SIGH. We are not giving up!

Old 11-06-2016, 01:14 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Check out realtor.com and sabor.com for rental listings. You will have to call the agent and explain the broken lease issue and they will be able to advise you on whether the owner is willing to take a chance with you.

Indeed.com is a pretty useful site for jobs. Also, craigslist, believe it or not. Just remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it is.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:41 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,714 posts, read 58,054,000 times
padmapper for rents, but best to network. I never advertise my rentals, referrals are less hassle / much safer.

first pass, you might need to go with a rental agency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio