Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 08:24 AM

199 posts, read 707,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashfearless View Post
So you have a nice car and you chince on the insurance. Live and learn. I wouldn't think of not having rental coverage. I'd be calling USAA to clarify my policy coverage.
I did't say I had a nice car, it's decent. And since I don't have accidents on a regular basis, yes, I'm still ok w/ not having the car rental part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2016, 08:25 AM

199 posts, read 707,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rev210 View Post
I just had my hail damage repaired, it took about 10 weeks, initially I was quoted a month but once it got in the shop they realized it could not just be repaired and the insurance had to come back out to inspect and authorize more, I had my hood, roof and trunk lid replaced along with dents on the doors. My rental coverage covered 30 days so I was out of pocket for some still.
Wow that's a long time! Nobody gave me any estimate on how long the work would take. I guess that's what I need to see if I can find out about. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Old 08-13-2016, 08:48 AM

4 posts, read 3,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abner463 View Post
Wow that's a long time! Nobody gave me any estimate on how long the work would take. I guess that's what I need to see if I can find out about. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Yeah it was a pain, after about the 5th or 6th week I was being told "it will be done by Friday" for about 4 weeks until it was finally done.

Old 08-13-2016, 09:05 AM

2,438 posts, read 7,013,217 times
Rentals are a bear.. they do cost a lot.. the extra 10 bucks you spend or so on your insurance policy for coverage is probably less then what you spend in a month on sodas... or whatever your vice is.. I keep rental on my policy.

Old 08-14-2016, 06:58 AM

1,012 posts, read 1,120,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abner463 View Post
I did't say I had a nice car, it's decent. And since I don't have accidents on a regular basis, yes, I'm still ok w/ not having the car rental part.
By your description, I would qualify that as a nice car. But then, I typically carry mine until at least 175k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio