Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2016, 02:49 PM

3 posts, read 2,065 times

Advertisements

My communicare nurse Practioner diagnosed me that I am allergic to mites. This has been on me now for around 3 months! My skin has always been so sensitive and any little thing that bites me turns into a mess! Still having problems with these darn nasty itchy bites that turn into holes ! I have been Trying the lavender oil and neem oil and soaps. Going to try the clove oil next. What are your ideas ? Still do not want to go away! Help me someone!! I am so scared my boyfriend and Aunt will get this. My Aunt is elderly! And boyfriend has other health issues , does not need another one! Scared! Worried! I have a appointment with a dermatologist on
Sept 6th , I have no insurance and they said the cost starts at 100.00 and up. OMG ! About the carelink, I tried that and was told I have to have a major bill, like cps or water or phn bill or food stamp letter in my name and I do not , so they told me no. Help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 04:46 PM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjabore View Post
My communicare nurse Practioner diagnosed me that I am allergic to mites. This has been on me now for around 3 months! My skin has always been so sensitive and any little thing that bites me turns into a mess! Still having problems with these darn nasty itchy bites that turn into holes ! I have been Trying the lavender oil and neem oil and soaps. Going to try the clove oil next. What are your ideas ? Still do not want to go away! Help me someone!! I am so scared my boyfriend and Aunt will get this. My Aunt is elderly! And boyfriend has other health issues , does not need another one! Scared! Worried! I have a appointment with a dermatologist on
Sept 6th , I have no insurance and they said the cost starts at 100.00 and up. OMG ! About the carelink, I tried that and was told I have to have a major bill, like cps or water or phn bill or food stamp letter in my name and I do not , so they told me no. Help!!
Contact 211 to see if they can refer you to any agencies. You may be surprised that many people qualify for food stamps. I would not hesitate to go through the enrollment process. It takes a few minutes over the phone. You can also call 211 to enroll. Also, work on getting on some type of bill to prove your residency. That's what Carelink is looking for- residency. Otherwise they would have people from all over the area coming into town for their services. I reread your original post about your rash. It's too late to enroll in the marketplace for insurance, but please do apply when open enrollment starts. You are the reason the marketplace is there. With working part time (and it sounds like for not a lot of money) there will be subsides to assist i paying your insurance. Your dermatologist should also be able to come up with a payment plan for that $100 co-pay. That is a lot of money. Explain the situation.

Mites are a pest, are you responsible for pest control in your home? Is the landlord? If they are required to assist with pest cotrol they would be able to assist with the treatment. In addition, with your mother being elderly I would reccomend contacting AACOG (just google) and see if they may be able to assist with the pest control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio